www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this has happened to me twice now. It's a good problem to have if I say so. I sometimes play alone and throw multiple disc drives and sometimes play with friends. None of us "my group of friends" have ever aced off our first drive whether alone or with each other.

Basically, here's the question (I know it's superficial). I've hit a "hole-in-one" twice while alone. Once on my 5th drive and once on my 8th. When someone asks, do I say I've aced or not. It's all opinion obviously but it was pretty disappointing having noone with me or see it both times except God.

What do you guys think counts as a real ace?

Tags: Ace

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One throw from the Teepad to the basket counts !!!!!
I think it counts as an ace, but not in your score for the round as it was not your first disc. If someone asks, "Have you aced?", you can absolutely say yes.
practice ace, dont count that one
It's such a great feeling to see that disc hit the chains from the tee pad. I'm all about a "TRUE" ace is

-First and ONLY Shot. that's it. ( any other is a pretty sweet practice shot or mulli-ace ) ... still pretty cool but not an official ace. If I'm not playing with anyone and it goes in. I know it went in and so did the Gods... I count it.
nice ace wholegrain. you count in my book.
A friend of mine pointed out to me that if you were on a 600' hole and drove 300' and then sank your second shot from 300' out. That's not an ace because it's your second shot. So what's the difference if you take two throws from the tee on a 300' hole? Or if your tee shot goes out of bounds and you retee and sink it for a circle 3. How is that different than if you throw from 5' in front of the tee because that's where it went out of bounds? Is one an ace and the other not? Say you throw and hit a tree and the disc bounces back and lands on the tee and you sink the second shot is that an ace? What if it bounces back and lands 10' behind the tee? Or next to it? Any time you start counting aces in questionable ways you really blur the line as to where to cut it off. In my opinion it's crystal clear you must be playing for score and be able to score a 1 on the card. Just because you sink a really tough shot doesn't mean you aced it. Ace = Hole in 1.
Wade Sullivan said:

Go ahead and count all your aces, practice or not. Don't listen to these haters.
I'd know if I threw an ace. If you have to ask, then it's not an ace.
Totally agree, if your on a course and in one shot you make from teepad to basket it's a ace!

Tell them haters "don't hate the player, hate the game", lol.

Godfather said:
Wade Sullivan said:

Go ahead and count all your aces, practice or not. Don't listen to these haters.
I think a hole in one is an Ace. However, I think there is a distinction between throwing a tourney ace or first shot ace in a competitive round and a practice ace throwing multiple drives. The tourney ace or competitive first drive ace will get paid, all others will get a pat on the shoulder.
well put patrick and i agree with Godfather and Poeticlogic. don't listen to the haters.

Patrick Paramore said:
I think a hole in one is an Ace. However, I think there is a distinction between throwing a tourney ace or first shot ace in a competitive round and a practice ace throwing multiple drives. The tourney ace or competitive first drive ace will get paid, all others will get a pat on the shoulder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968