www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you remember your first ace?  Did you pretend you've been there before or did your underwear change colors?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3 consecutive holes??
That's a great story.
Mine was 140' with a 1st run buzzz that was later stolen by a group crossing our fairway.

The situation was a little humorous because I was talking to this guy I hadn't met before as we were walking up to the teepad and I stopped mid-conversation and said, "hold on, let me just throw quick" and went back to talking to him with my back turned on the pin. Well a second later I thought, "Hey, that felt pretty good" and turned around just in time to see the disc hyzer right in. I laughed a bit because there was no thought given to the shot. I do think I need to think less. ;-)
jumped off a bench and almost broke my ankle now I prefer to slam my hat down and look really angry
390' At Pinchot State Park.
Blind from the tee, I walked over the hill for a look.
I thought it felt nice and had a chance.
My buddy said he thought he heard chains.
I didn't here anything.
I walked up last, and over the hill.
I still didn't believe it, until i pulled it out of the basket.
He says BLACK ACE! OFF the tree.
Sorry, but i call a Black ace a wrong basket ace!
Also have 1 CUBBY Ace.
Unloading my bag on a basket.
Non-round ace's don't count.
Re-tee aces are a circle 3.
SORRY!
I hit an ace once that got me so excited, I rolled up two sleeve's, flexed as hard as I could, forced a goofy smile, then took a picture and put it as my profile picture on discgolfersrus!
My only ace was back in February of 09'. I had my youngest son with me at the course. We were playing a quick round so decided to play the short tees. Snow on the ground and didn't want to keep the lil one out too long. Well we got to hole 2 after a long and painful hole 1. Stepped up to the 150' hole and decided to throw a buzzz. The disc slipped from my hands. I was so frustraited that I spun around trying not to sware infront of my son, when I heard chains. My lil ones eyes lit up and he started screaming "daddy chains". My thoughts were how? It was not going towards the basket. Got up there and the bottom of the disc was caked in snow. Must have skipped in. I left after that. Figured I wanted to leave on a good note especially after the first hole.
I actually have a funny story to share. My friend had aced one week to drain the ace pool at leagues. It was about a 330 ft shot downhill but to a semi-protected basket. It was a skip ace with a firebird. Well the next week at leagues he pulls out the same disc. It has the same line, same pin high skip and sticks. I was so excited that he aced the same hole at leagues two weeks in a row that I fell down on my knees and made this high pitched yell. I don't know why I act this way. Anyway, the only problem is, we didn't hear chains, but we can see it in suspended by the chains. We get a little closer and realize that it's not suspended by the chains, but rather it is suspended by the bush that is directly behind the basket (3 ft away). From the tee it you viewed the disc hanging there THROUGH the chains. I almost think it makes for a better story that way and there really wasn't any ace pool left for him to grab.
better for you Brandon, NOW pick yourself up!
my buddy walked up and asked if i'd ever thrown a starfire,nope.290 feet on a soft hyzer, i thought it was deep.....it's my disc now and the only starfire i own.
CUBBY ace?
Of course I remember my first ace, because it is still my only ace! It was back in '04 hole 12 at Lemon Lake red course. I hyzer flicked a champ Beast. It got around the trees in the middle of the fairway and tracked right to the hole. It was a beautiful thing, but, alas, I was alone and had no witnesses besides myself. I yelled and had a euphoric feeling walking up to the basket, but the underwear kept its pre-ace color. Other than the ace, I threw a pretty crappy round, lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968