www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

People are signing the baskets, etc. like crazy here in Western Washington this summer and I just wanted to offer some advice to the course directors and aristocrat types who don't approve of this behavior/tradition. Put up an ace board. I have seen them at many courses in the parking lot/first tee areas. That way everyone can show the world their ace if they feel it to be necessary and less panties will be in knots over "vandalism" on the course. 

Tags: Ace, Sign

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sign the disc. Move on.

Acetone the basket. Removes the marker! 

Should not cater to graffiti.

What if the others in the group signed their face with a sharpie?

(Laughter in the background).

Magic Eraser with some decent graffiti remover (like Krud Kutter) should take it off. Keep removing it and try to inform people to sign discs. That's all you can do. Don't reward them by leaving the graffiti there.

Your advice reminds me of a scene in Full Metal Jacket. The Gunny claims that theft happens because people do not lock their lockers properly. The thinking is backwards. Similarly, clubs and parks should not have to pay to put up an ace board in order to prevent basket signings. People should have respect. Signing a basket is graffiti. 

"Jesus H Christ. Private Pyle, why is your footlocker unlocked?"
"Sir, I don't know, sir."
"Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that don't you?" 

Well put.

People should never sign a basket. It is vandalism. If you wanna sign something, try signing the disc.

Someone just aced at Water Works, a local course we've been putting tons of tlc into lately, and wrote their name on the tee marker, and twice on the basket on the pole and near the top..

Disc player sports 21 and Justin 11. You guys are taking different epistemological positions. Disc Player Sports takes the position that if the means justifies the end than the action must be most Pius. (if the overal sufferings of putting up an acewall are/is less than the sufferings of having vandalized baskets then put up an "ace wall") Justin 11 is a "value" based epidemiologist. Justin believes that the Value: "don't cater to vandalists" is more important for society to function than to the results of these actions. Ethics 101 brothers and sisters.  

i don't believe the signatures that are tagged on baskets were coincide with aces. People who write on baskets haven't been playing long and probably don't know what an ace is.

I wish chicks would sign their panties and tie em onto baskets at my home course!! If you catch em it would make a good web video!!

Writing on the Teesign , Bench , Teepad, Bathroom Wall, Toilet seat, Trash can or the Basket is considered Vandalism.

Only write on your own property , like your Disc.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968