www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Alright, my secret shame is that after 2 years of playing(alot), moving my way up from Rec to Int, and now to Advanced. I still don't have a single Ace to my name. I've won tournaments, shot a 997 round against great competition in last years states, but still don't have that trophy that everyone seems to covet.

How long did it take before you "got lucky"? Most people I've talked to said they went nuts, then couldn't refocus and had a bad round even with the 1 on the card. Did it ruin your round if it was in a tournament?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been playing for 9 years now and only have 1 ace to my name. I hit it the end of last year. I was able to keep going in the round. Finished at a - 5 at El Dorado in Long Beach, California. I have hit chains and basket on drives but only have ever had one stick. I was in shock. I didn't actually believe that it happened. It took my friend telling me that it actually hit for me to believe it!
Your ace will come when you least expect it. Believe me!
It took me 2 years and my first ace was all luck with a nice bounce off a tree. We were playing doubles and finished in 2nd for the day... Great day to bring in the money!

I talked to one guy who is still w/o an ace after 13 years. If you are hitting baskets and chains eventually one will stick. I have had at least 25 splash outs and a number of basket hits since between my 1st and 2nd aces. Leading up to each of the 2 aces I had I was nailing within 5 feet of the baskets every few holes. Stick in there and when you get finally get it, it will only be that much sweeter.
I've had 3 splash outs that I can remember, and several hit the pole off the tee. These lead to easy deuces, but no trophy ace. Thanks for the encouragement boys.
Aces aren't as great as they are made out to be. Sure, if it happens, it's pretty sweet. However, if you try to ace a hole and miss, you're usually well past the hole for your second shot and most times end up with a 3. If you play an aceable hole for a deuce, you'll usually get the deuce. If I play an aceable hole 100 times and get 1 ace, 10 deuces, and 89 pars, that's worse than 90 deuces and 10 pars.
Far out! That is a great way of looking at it.

Nick said:
Aces aren't as great as they are made out to be. Sure, if it happens, it's pretty sweet. However, if you try to ace a hole and miss, you're usually well past the hole for your second shot and most times end up with a 3. If you play an aceable hole for a deuce, you'll usually get the deuce. If I play an aceable hole 100 times and get 1 ace, 10 deuces, and 89 pars, that's worse than 90 deuces and 10 pars.
LMFAO !!!! ive been playing for 6 years and still have yet to hit my first ace.
Ive bounced 3 drives off of basckets in this time period so dont feel bad. I too
am now an Adv player but i cant find the bottom of the basket with a drive just
yet.
This is the same advice I heard from Mark Ellis when I started playing competitvely. Truth is when you play it for a duce chances are you are going to get that Ace by chance. I have heard Mark say since he started this paricular strategy his is hitting more Aces then in the past.

Nick said:
Started playing in 1984 in Niagra Falls, NY, and after turning pro, travelling for tournaments and playing a lot, getting a bunch of splash outs, I didn't get my first ace until I moved to San Diego in 1991 and played the ace fest that is Morley Field. I also believe in getting the best score possible and going for duces. Aces just happen. All but 1 of my 23 aces were at Morley.
2 aces in 2 years of play. first ace i was dumbfounded and it was hole #18.
2nd ace came while my buddy and i took off from my father n laws b-day party to play a quick round. I was telling him how i got the ace 1 year before and end up hitting it again, go figure. I had to pick his jaw up off the ground so he could throw.But now that ive gotten good enough where i should be making them more often. i cant get one to save my life.
I'll take your 997 over my ace four-months-in any day.
ten years (and still rec rated, playing int.) and no aces!!!
I have only had two. The first one was the last game I played before I left for Iraq in 2003. The second one was at Ft, Riley about 2 or 3 months before I deployed this time. I hit it on a short 3. The very next day when I went and shot, I had a disc hit off the top of the first hole. If it would have been down a couple of inches I would have had it. I bounced so far off the top of the basket, i ended up getting a 3.

I hate splashing out on a ace. You got it! damn no you dont. That is the worst feeling in disc golf.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968