www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just curious, do you count aces in an ace race in your personal ace total ? Why or why not?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NO.  Usually Shorter Course.

If the hole was shortened in any way (tee or basket) I would not count it because it's not a permanent hole or placement.

I know some who have counted it, but  I personally think it doesn't count. Now if its on real hole I would think otherwise, like hole 3 at Forest Park. 

Know a few that do, but for myself no.

Believe that most of the holes are rigged to run an ace.

You are not playing a regular hole where you either run it, or park it for birdie par of b........

When you run at a regular hole you are risking it not going in and possibly going way past the basket.

In the game it's about your overall score.

In an Ace Race it's only about one throw.

With the holes again designed to be hit.

Do you run for an Ace every time you tee off on any given hole? 800' hole? 

An ace is an ace in my book, I mean come on, it's not like you can just throw on a preferred line at an ace race every time and damn near bang chains!

nope, because they're set up to be ace runs. Having said that, if the hole has not been shortened for the ace race then I probably would count it then.Though having only hit one ace in 25+ years of disc I'd be sorely tempted to count one.

I don't keep a personal total.  I don't e-mail my kids about aces under 100 feet though.  Over 200 feet always feels like an ace.  100-200 depends.

Here's a guage: if you write on a disc for an ace, or retire a disc for an ace, it's not really an ace if you didn't write or retire.  Or if you e-mail your kids about an ace, same kind of thing. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968