www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which do u think is better air bounce or a normal putt?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jay and January@Just-Disc-Golf said:
As i was practicing this in the back i realized i drive like this regular right handed lol Nose down on the drive dummy

I have seen a lot of people drive with a rising "air bounce". although it looks funny, and may not be technically the correct way to throw, it can be very useful and long, which is both good and bad. i met someone recently that drives like this with an understable disc and gets A TON of distance without needing much height. what his downfall is is accuracy and control. my advice would be to learn to throw through your chest and on a level plane to learn accuracy and control; which outweigh distance by a longshot. no pun intended. :)
Dr. Zaius said:
As i was practicing this in the back i realized i drive like this regular right handed lol Nose down on the drive dummy

I have seen a lot of people drive with a rising "air bounce". although it looks funny, and may not be technically the correct way to throw, it can be very useful and long, which is both good and bad. i met someone recently that drives like this with an under stable disc and gets A TON of distance without needing much height. what his downfall is is accuracy and control. my advice would be to learn to throw through your chest and on a level plane to learn accuracy and control; which outweigh distance by a long shot. no pun intended. :)

Thanks back hand has always been a bad thing for me i pick up something wrong and it has always decimated my back hand distance...So i throw forehand which has its own issues but i can put one out there...BUT some day with practice i may get past @250 (if I'm lucky) backhand. LOL
Cheers
air bounce for sure
your backhand isn't going to get any better jay if you don't practice it !!!!!! by the way jay is one of my disc golf buddy's, his almost exclusive use of a forehand drive has drove me nuts lately as i see him struggling to have a consistent round, i could use some help in convincing him that if he works on his backhand drive it will get better, i used to heavily rely on a forehand drive for the same reason, i had no distance with a backhand drive, but i have been working on it the last few years and although i am not crushing any huge drives yet i can now throw my backhand as far as my forehand, so jay if codys buddy who is half my height ( slight exaggeration.....slight ) can throw a backhand drive farther than me, then you can crush a backhand as well !!!!

site>Jay and January@Just-Disc-Golf said:
Dr. Zaius said:

I have seen a lot of people drive with a rising "air bounce". although it looks funny, and may not be technically the correct way to throw, it can be very useful and long, which is both good and bad. i met someone recently that drives like this with an under stable disc and gets A TON of distance without needing much height. what his downfall is is accuracy and control. my advice would be to learn to throw through your chest and on a level plane to learn accuracy and control; which outweigh distance by a long shot. no pun intended. :)

Thanks back hand has always been a bad thing for me i pick up something wrong and it has always decimated my back hand distance...So i throw forehand which has its own issues but i can put one out there...BUT some day with practice i may get past @250 (if I'm lucky) backhand. LOL
Cheers

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968