www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I was practicing my drives at a local community park where I have a good 500ft fairway that I use for driving practice. It was real windy and when I went to throw the disc back the other way.. the wind gust caught it and carried it up the arch shaped storm shelter near the playground. I managed to throw my Champion Beast and brand spanking new 2008 Worlds DGA Rogue that I won on this site last month. Yeah.. not a happy camper. I brewed over some possible ways of getting these discs down.

-I could find someone with a 20 ft ladder but.. I don't know anyone with a ladder that big.
-Get a truck that's tall enough to stand on
-Let the wind blow it down ( then I might be out of 2 discs )

-Call the town parks and recreation to see if there is a way to get them down. I doubt nothing will happen

There is not much to grab onto to pull myself up over the ledge or I would definitely do that.
Photobucket

Tags: disc, how, stuck, to

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice drawing. use a ladder, go to an equipment rental place or home depot or lowes, i bet they are cheap as hell to rent.
p.s. I don't think the drawing is to scale but you get the "jist" I hope.
I would try and catch someone from parks dept around town or at the park and talk to them, they would probably be willing to help, rather than trying to call them.

or train a hawk to get them :)

and don't feel bad, I lost a putter I won here after only 2 rounds of frolf :(
didn't even think of the Home Depot renting option. Thanks Josh. I'll try to see if I can bug the parks people about it.
Mark Stephens said:
Get a LONG length of rope. Tie a weight to the end (something that you can throw but, not damage the building) and throw it over the building. Now you have the rope all the way across it. Have someone on the other side take up the rope and hold it taught. Together using tension move the rope across the top use to slide the disc off.

geeez! your a smart one! or just very experienced at getting discs off of roofs!
thats a wicked idea well thought!

Mark Stephens said:
Get a LONG length of rope. Tie a weight to the end (something that you can throw but, not damage the building) and throw it over the building. Now you have the rope all the way across it. Have someone on the other side take up the rope and hold it taught. Together using tension move the rope across the top use to slide the disc off.
I have this happen to me before i called the parks and rec and they got it down for me
Do you know any one with a disc golf retriever (Golden retriever). I would bet that would work.
This will work for sure, we have a building that I help maintain with a slanted metal roof that gets covered with pine needles and leaves, once a year or maybe twice we clean the roof of that building just like that! We use a tennis ball with light nylon string to throw across and then pull over the 1" rope with that. This building is at least that tall at one end but it is easier to clean it that way rather than getting the ladder out and worrying about walking in the right spot not to fall through the tin roof on it.

Jack

PS...NICE DRAWING !!!!!

Mark Stephens said:
Yeah.. I thought the drawing would help visualize how I can't get it by climbing on the trash cans and lifting myself up. There is a lot of great ideas that I'll be sure to try out.

-I hope the Parks and Recreation people will help me out. If not... I'll get it down myself. Thanks you guys for the great ideas. I hope others can come up on this site to help them out in there stuck disc problems.
Use a casting fish net. It has weights to help you throw it and a rope for retrieval. This works great for getting discs out of water holes as well.
i'm thinkin'........uh.......trampoline.........lol, just kiddin'. i do wanna say that i put your illustration on my desktop because it's so f'n cool!! ha ha... sorry, i'm not any help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968