www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I was practicing my drives at a local community park where I have a good 500ft fairway that I use for driving practice. It was real windy and when I went to throw the disc back the other way.. the wind gust caught it and carried it up the arch shaped storm shelter near the playground. I managed to throw my Champion Beast and brand spanking new 2008 Worlds DGA Rogue that I won on this site last month. Yeah.. not a happy camper. I brewed over some possible ways of getting these discs down.

-I could find someone with a 20 ft ladder but.. I don't know anyone with a ladder that big.
-Get a truck that's tall enough to stand on
-Let the wind blow it down ( then I might be out of 2 discs )

-Call the town parks and recreation to see if there is a way to get them down. I doubt nothing will happen

There is not much to grab onto to pull myself up over the ledge or I would definitely do that.
Photobucket

Tags: disc, how, stuck, to

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ladder bro...or a hot air balloon
Mark Stephens is right, a long rope is the key. But you can do it with just one person. Tie something to the end of the rope ( a trash can lid would work) and toss it on the roof higher than the disc you want to retrieve. Now move where you are standing so that when you pull the rope down it intercepts the disc and drags it down.

Maybe tossing the trash can lid will strengthen your arm. You could carry it with you always and become famous for your unique training style. Players will point at you and say to their buddies, "See that guy. He can beat you with a trash can lid!"
A baseball at the end of the rope provides enough weight to throw over a roof, then is easy enough to pull down. I have perfected this method. I can throw a pickle bucket lid pretty far though ;)

mark ellis said:
Mark Stephens is right, a long rope is the key. But you can do it with just one person. Tie something to the end of the rope ( a trash can lid would work) and toss it on the roof higher than the disc you want to retrieve. Now move where you are standing so that when you pull the rope down it intercepts the disc and drags it down.

Maybe tossing the trash can lid will strengthen your arm. You could carry it with you always and become famous for your unique training style. Players will point at you and say to their buddies, "See that guy. He can beat you with a trash can lid!"
I fell over laughing when I read this... Good one Mark.

mark ellis said:
Have you heard of the sport called dwarf tossing?
Use the Golden retriever throw it up and drag it off the roof
The question is, who would be strong enough to toss a dwarf 20 feet onto the roof? It'd be a good toss.
We always used the basketball to get the frisbees off the roof when I was a kid. Also, is there a water spicket near by? Hook up a hose and wash 'em down.
try a fishing pole,cast up there and see if you can snag them.
Whatever you do. DO NOT use Another Disc to get the Disc down. I love those disc in tree situations where somebody proceeds to put half their bag up there trying to free the original. It seems possible at the time but Murphys Law will work overtime in that situation.

Seriously though the golden retriever works in the water and I'd assume here as well.
Use one of the disc retreivers that you drag across the bottom of the creek or pond, just make sure your line is long enough, its just like fishing.

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/914105811.html
hey now,on a serious note you know any painters? might just be worth a few bucks to enlist their help using a ladder.Good luck.Take notes and pictures for future reference on dealing with roofed disc's,copyright the idea,get a lawyer(Mark?),laugh all the way to the bank.Peace
based on your drawing of the roof, the golden retreiver should do the trick.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968