www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It seems like everyone loses interest as soon as the first official day of Fall rolls around. I want to play every weekend, all year long.

Am I the only one?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Playing in the.snow is so much fun. I'm looking forward to it
I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to snow. The longer I live in NM, the more I get used to it. However, I do enjoy the occasional snow game.
Come to Minnesota. It's leagues and tourneys all year long.
seems the same here i like to play year round. the wind starting to pick up here so that makes it a hole new game..
No...there are others....just like you....we are all over the world....blending in with mainstream society.....shhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone else.
I play year round every sunday . but i live in hawaii and in the two + years i have been playing there was only two days it rained . i think the mainland courses shut down after holloween because of the holidays and family get togethers
Disc golf is a year round game--even in the rocky mountains--to tell you the truth, I play better in the winter-- my discs don't flip as easily
I absolutely play year round. How could I give up my favorite thing to do for nearly half the year? That just sounds crazy to me. Plus, I guess I'm just not one to let much get in the way of me and what I want--which is usually disc golf :).

I also think that playing regularly through the winter months is something that has helped my game progress significantly faster than many others who let the elements scare them into hibernation. I pretty much felt this way before I got active in club and PDGA organizations, so I guess it's a cool coincidence (no pun intended) that my local course is the home of the original Ice Bowl. And this year at Albert Oakland Park in Columbia, MO we are holding the first ever 25th Ice Bowl!! We're still finalizing the date--probably the Saturday before the Super Bowl--and details. But since we're looking for a record turnout and donation to our charities, hopefully those of you within a reasonable driving distance will consider joining us for an awesome event that's also a solid piece of disc golf history.

Anyway, keep that hardcore disc golf coming. No Wimps, No Whiners!
Absolutely, the courses I play have alot of thick leaved trees, so in the winter....

tad bit easier, haha.
I would love to play all year round. However the reality of 2-3+ ft of snow on the ground. Not to mention the build along half the course from snow plowed from the road make it hard. I play till about a solid foot on the ground.

Last winter I was so frazzled from not playing that I was in hip deep snow (at places) throwing. Made it really hard.

I think it is called realitly. I putt all winter though in my basement.
good for the game putting in the basement ..... rip em up
No. Simply... no.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968