www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm sure you are all aware that Am Worlds is going on as I write on this topic....

Currently, David Wiggins Jr (who is only 15 or 16 years old) is crushing the Advanced field after posting 4 straight 1000+ rated rounds and holds a 13 stroke lead after 5 rounds at -44!

I met David and his father at the 2005 Am Worlds in Flagstaff when he was 10 years old.  Is this the next Champ?

Then there is the other "kids" playing in the Junior Divisions.

Richard Wysocki in the < 19 div. has 3 straight 1000+ rated rounds at -30, followed by Grayson Dewey at -20.....

In the <16 div. Seppo Paju and Andrew Coggin are a stroke apart at -25 and -24 with two 1000+ rated rounds!

Then there is the boys <13 div. with Triston Covington and Daichi Inoue at -18 and -12 each with a round just a point or two below 1000!!

Over the past several years the increase in the ratings of the youth movement at Worlds is just mind blowing. These kids just keep getting better and better. Personally, I think this is proof that our sport growing in a very positive direction and is also a result of the quality of the equipment and the level events being given to us.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I watched Wiggins shoot during the Semi Finals this morning. It was pretty cool to watch the lead group for a while, it was really their consistancy that impressed me, not so much their distance or shot selection, mostly that just throw after throw hitting the same lines as often as possible. I want to see more, and I want to compete as well.

Pretty crazy kids.
I'm not so sure I agree. I don't seem to remember any 13 to 15 year old ball golfer Ams playing as good as the Pro's.... But disc golf is easy... right?
He is star in the future.
As for the next of Manabu Kajiyama, he will jump out to the world.
It is a strength that he can make a flying distance above all.
Still, it is wonderful round rating.
Thats pretty radical shit there. I started playing when I was 26 and Im 28 now, 2 flippin years. Im a fast learner but dang, if I would have started at 10........whooooooo.......endless possibilities. My son is 2, he chases my putters while I practice at my home basket and brings them back to me. Im sure he will be pretty good some day because he will be starting young. Ive seen this in skateboarding too, kids that are six years old can learn so fast and do crazy things. Im all for supporting our youth and keeping sports going in our community. Discgolf is inexpensive (unless your retarded about it like I am) but the schools in our community are cutting sports programs because the damn economy is so hit and they are losing funding. 5 elementary schools closed in my community in the last 5 years, Im all for using some of their wooded property to build new courses!
Research the E.D.G.E program and talk to your school board. If they are losing money for sports programs they might find a way to work disc golf into the mess. We have 5 elementary school in our area that have this going for them.
Dai Kun is ridiculous! He shoots 1000 rounds on the regular. He is surrounded by great people including Manabu Kajiyama and Shirai Kazuo, teaching him the 'smart' game.
i am not a memeber of the pdga yet. so i have one question. what is a 1000 rating round?
Its just really good. Im not sure if theres anything special but alot of pros try to shoot those kinds of rounds.
alright. i know at my home course (V.A barrie, par 54 and about 5,400ft) i throw -3 to even on my average rounds

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968