www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you use for this shot?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I meant to say that the Glide turns a good ammt, but is still useably stable (not too flippy when thrown medium power). I'm just tired this morning...it flips over and DOESN't come-back, but holds that turn for me.
I'm with you - beat in a dx stingray and it is perfect!!
Ok Kevin..forget all about the rest of the crap mentioned here....What you need is a DX Classic Roc. It won't take long to beat it in...but once it does...look out anhyzer bush....Katie bar the door...your dropping strokes.!!!

Just kidding Ya'll on the crap comment.....most of the discs mentioned already..are decent mid turnovers. It's all relative to your ability...and what fits comfortable in your hand.
When I absolutely must have a RHBH throw that keeps on turning right without coming back, I go for the Stratus. If I want a left to right move that's a bit more subtle, I might use a Comet.
08 Ace Race Disc

A Stingray will be the easiest to learn on, and keep in your bag for short right turns.
It must be beat in and when thrown with a hyzer angle to go left, it will stand up flat, glide for awhile, then slowly turn to the right.
This is a trust issue and some of the people in your group may ask you if you know where the pin is because your disc started flying in the wrong direction, away from the pin.
Usually I just tell them that the disc knows where the pin is.
As they look up to check, the disc is now flying the other direction and heading straight for the pin.
People who compete with me regularly are used to this shot and know exactly what I am doing.
When the stingray is going to come up short, you can move up to the Cobra which performs the same but goes a little bit further.

For even more distance you can go to a beat TL and for monster turnovers and rollers try a beat Roadrunner or beat Sidewinder, keeping in mind that Kenny Climo Rolls a beat Star Wraith close to 600 feet!
To get your disc beat in, hit trees, throw it up high and let it hit the ground, I have even folded a disc up a few times (DX XD) to get it to flip, and it is my "go to" upshot and short hole driver that performs perfectly but looks like junk!
My ugliest discs make me the most money....they are considered performance discs for me. They do more than the average disc off the shelf, they are broken in and I make them "work".
Remember to keep your discs sanded smooth as you beat them in!
Lighter weights can make it easier to flip a disc because you can put more spin on them using your wrist strength and the spin creates gyroscopic motion which pulls the disc over.
Fun advice for all disc golfers---go to your local cracker barrel and buy a gyroscope to play with, it will teach you about some of the "laws of physics" used in disc golf.
Good Luck!!!

Absolutely the 2 I was going to recommend! Then, for faster, longer annies I step up to the Impact - no tricks needed here....just throw it where you want it to go and it holds the line.
depends on how you want it to fade
X Stratus
Beat in Pro line or DX rhyno
The easiest mid to annie IMO is a star Kite. It will anny around a bush to the basket from 60 feet to 160 feet. Slides so smooth in there and wont cut enough to roll on ya. Been very reliable for me, since i first started.
Comet!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968