www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you use for this shot?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no one mentioned a beat up leopard yet?
the PANTHER has been my highly valued anhyzer midrange ever since I first threw it. I've tried the Sting-ray, Cobra, and Kite, but they'd always flip way too much for me.
Hard to get but I use a Torque. After I found on in the Discontinued bin at CJ's I ended up ordering two more online.
Anyhyzer, hyzer, straight, whatever you want it to do. Buzz is awesome also.
I've been told that Discraft sold the Torque mold to DGA and they use it to produce either the shockwave, or aftershock...I can't remember which. Of course this could be a rumor...can someone confirm, refute, or refine this info?
Discraft Comet.
Yea the Torq or Torque is now the DGA aftershock. However the mold has been modified slightly do reduce the quality control problems the Discraft had in the original molding processes that allowed for a large array in stability.

The Z Comet has great float while turning over.
Comets great for that, I favor Buzzz placed on the anny or Buzzz SS to flip, if throwing the anny. I have real good success throwing my driving worn Voodoo putters on anny as well. Though usually I will favor a controlled forehand shot with a stable midrange or on the longer end a Firebird if a forehand harder diving hyzer is acceptable even if its relatively short for the FB. Even if you don't throw forehand well at all, it isn't too hard to develope reasonable control for shorter get out of trouble shots in that midrange distance. Something to consider anyway.
I agree. No question, Z Comet all the way!
I use a (slightly beat up) DX Aviar for shots up to 50 meters and a KC Pro Roc for slightly longer shots. Both of them tend to hold the line perfectly and other discs I've tried (Lattidtude 64 Core, Buzzz etc) all tend to come back and make an S-curve but not the Aviar and the Roc... works perfecktly. I windy conditions I use a 179 g Sentinel by Millenium, hold the line pretty good in wind aswell...
Yeah my most reliable anny disc is definitely the aviar and then roc for some distance.. Then a leopard once we get way out there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968