www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can throw a forehand shot and a long anny shot now. My question is which should I go with for the long run??? I am trying to learn all the shots I can as I have only been playing for 15 months. I know they are both useful at different times, and I will always be able to use either one.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like 'em both, I actually completely abandoned the Anny just to force myself to become better at the forehand. Now I go back and forth, but when I go into a field I make sure that I throw a round of all shots and empty my bag to get a feel for how all the discs fly.
I see the forehand as a very effective throw, unfortunately it isn't good for the elbow. I have been playing 20 years & I hardly ever use a forehand because it causes me pain. If you are in the game for the long haul, you need to stick to a throw that you can still use when you get old like me.

Using a backhand for most throws will eventually make you a better backhand player. The forehand is still handy to keep in case of emergencies.
With good form a forehand places less strain on your elbow than a backhand and far less strain on your body. I know of players who blew out their elbows throwing forehand. All of them tried to keep their elbows close to their bodies when they threw. I find that keeping my arm as straight as possible and away from my body (like a sidearm throw in baseball or a racquetball kill shot) places very little strain on my elbow.

Good form on any disc golf shot should not cause pain. Pain is your body's way of telling you that you are doing something wrong.
I agree, forehand has never hurt my elbow.
Racquetball kill shot, I now have a new way to throw forehand (or at least another way to attempt it). Thanks.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968