www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, so I know that there has been much debate over the new rule changes to holing out. I can get on board with the idea that it has to be in the basket to count. However........

I've been hearing rumors that the rule about landing on top of the basket has changed. Does it now count if the disc comes to rest on top of the basket? I'm hoping that these are only rumors. Can anyone help me out with this. There is no reference at all to this rule in the 2011 rule change.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, it still does not count. But maybe someday it will if they keep altering the definitions of the basic rules of the game.
i don't understand why you would want the disc to land on top of the basket and still count. we might as well just even have baskets lol. As far as i know it hasn't changed.
The only change is that shots observed to come thru the top of the basket (on baskets that allow that) are not good in 2011.
I agree completely. I don't know why they don't make baskets that would prevent these question from even coming up.
This makes sense to me. I think these are good changes, I don't see what the fuss is about. You either make it or you don't.
price point. You would have to have a solid upside cone looking thing so that the disc would slide off the top. Actually, the Innova DisCatchers have the large yellow band. That band could be continued up and to the center post to create/solve the issue you raise.
That's exactly what I envisioned.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968