www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just curious if there were any disc golfers besides me that were into bowling too.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*Raises hand

I've bowled since I was 7.
Haha, I'm not the only one!
nope.

I throw a Strike Zone and a Special Agent. Last league I carried about a 194 avg.
Holy crap! I've got a scout reactive and an ebonite maxim. My average is like..120.
I have bowled for 14 years. Carry all Zone!!! Crap load of local awards, to include a league championship award, highest game 289, series 707, 3 triplicate patches, a few 75 pins over average... And to top it off, was a League Vice President. Wouldnt advise doing that...LOL
Zone has good stuff, eh? Whats a good Zone ball thats actually has a curve to it? My scout has like..no curve..at all.
Also bowl, throw a hammer big blue, an attitude, and an apex. Carry a 210 avg with one 300 and a high series of 779.
Oh and witnessed the most amazing series ever 2 weeks ago, a buddy of mine threw an 877 series, 2 300s, he came light middle of the second game. It was amazing,
I too love bowling. I had to learn to bowl with two fingers after inflicting severe damage (via bmx) to my throwing arm. I dont throw in a league anymore but I still love to get out there. It can get pretty expensive per game out here, like 4-5 bucks, w/o shoes!
Glow (Cosmic) Bowling is pretty cheap thing if your bowling alley offers it. Usually 10-15 bucks for unlimited games over about 2 hours, but usually late at night.
When I was young I bowled, was pretty good, too. Been mentioning to Sheila how I might be interested in a winter league, especially if we can find a place that is smoke free and can interest some other friends locally. I think a lot of the body and arm movement skills will transfer over from disc golf.
There is a bowling alley in pretty much every town Terry, but most are smoking, sadly :(. In my town, smoking is banned in all establishments that are not solely a bar, so our bowling alleys are pretty friendly.

And the disc golf arm seems to come to bowling.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968