www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At my home course, hole #7 is notorious for claiming plastic. It's between 300' - 350' and plays across a small bay to the basket standing near the edge of the water. Let's just say there's a small fortune in plastic laying at the bottom of Lake Wazeecha, particularly in this immediate vicinity. On three seperate occasions, I've witnessed three different groups of golfers skip this hole entirely, so I'm pretty sure this happens a lot. I just assume it's because they'd rather not lose their discs. I too would rather hang on to what little plastic I have, but for some reason, I feel like if I skip this hole, I'm not doing myself or my game any favors. And besides, there's no reason why I can't go in after one (or six) if I happen to shank badly enough. But I digress...

Are there any holes out there that you or people you know intentionally skip? If so, why?

Tags: difficult, disc, golf, holes, lost, skip

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Duh said:
Thanks guys! I will try not to "skip" so I can get my A.S.S.W.E.T. card/membership. Or is it more of a license?

FYI- I am a lady, not really interested in them.
& a pussy, but that's OK for girls right?

I'll give the whole crappy disc thing a shot. That's all I need is a little confidence boost; I'll go prove I can do it. Then I won't have to skip or get my A.S.S.W.E.T

You're a lady? Well, this changes everything! I suppose I'm to blame for not doing a little research before assuming you were of the male persuasion, so with that said, please except my humblest of apologies. And now, onward...

As for the stipulation on skipping, that applies only to men. In fact, female members of A.S.S.W.E.T. are encouraged to skip, preferably with reckless abandon. And in regards to my crack about being successful with the ladies, well, it is the 21st century. so it's not entirely unfair to assume that to be a possibilty no matter what gender you are. Oh, moral standards. Always changing, you know. ;)

Anyhoozle, expect your membership card to arrive soon. HA!
I feel like at hole 12 on my fav home course, it has swallowed some discs on me as well. But I still play it.
hole 17 at mackenzie has eatin almost a half dozen of my discs , but i still throw it. hole 2 at wailoa is on a island , and 2 weeks ago i came up a little short , but befor i could get over the bridge the samoan tsunami droped the water level a foot and a half taking my side winder out to sea. now i'm always nervous on # 2. p. s. if i would have waited another minute that disc might have landed dry.
Hell No !!! Never !!! ....Bring that S#!T on!!!
just skip the intire corse , and you can tell your friends " you shot par today." see if they believe you.
People skip #13 at Lakeshore all the time, because it is 280', 260' over water, no fairway at all just a pond lined with trees. But, you can throw a big turnover very safely to the short tee area and play for a 4 from there, without true fear. Hardly anyone does if they are afraid they skip it.
No.
None.

Thankx for the points!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968