www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am working on possibles for the next tournament.
If anyone has any steller ideas shoot them my way,
and I will see what we can accomplish.
Thanks,
Matty

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

Laurelwood isn't ready for an official tournament. I'm not justing these from a playable standpoint. It is going to take much organization to hurdle the community here. I had aspirations of running an impromptu Doubles League out there to fundraise for the Westmoreland Club. These would be small venues with hopefully not more than 20-30 people total. Just being realistic here. If we start to draw more numbers than that it is going to have to move to a new venue.

I would suggest looking into the possibility of running an event at a temporary course in a Lane County Park, Westmoreland or Dexter. I for one have had a great relationship with the City Parks Dept about Westmoreland. I'm pretty sure they would support the 18 hole layout I have approved for the Ice Bowl. it's just a $25 permit fee to have exclusive use of the park. Let me know if you would like any help in organizing these events. Feldberg is only going to be around for so long until he goes on tour. I would love to help the UofO however I'm needed this year. Hit me up and let's brainstorm some possibilities. Peace

Andrew Rich
I've always wanted to see one out at Perkins Peninsula at Fernridge. I am attaching a JPG with some of the measurements listed on it. These are not pin positions but simply references to how far apart everything is.
Attachments:
We have had events out at Perkins before. It's a nice piece of land. I hope we can build up our relationship with the Lane County Parks Dept. Nice Work John! I need to get in touch with you about GPS'ing the pins at Westmoreland for the Ice Bowl. Hit me up. Peace

Andrew Rich
Thanks Andrew,
Perkins looks nice for a 9 hole tourny if the parks and rec are swayable. Or is it parks and rec.'s park?
Im also looking at Dorris Ranch as a possibility.

Pure Disc Golf dot Com said:
Laurelwood isn't ready for an official tournament. I'm not justing these from a playable standpoint. It is going to take much organization to hurdle the community here. I had aspirations of running an impromptu Doubles League out there to fundraise for the Westmoreland Club. These would be small venues with hopefully not more than 20-30 people total. Just being realistic here. If we start to draw more numbers than that it is going to have to move to a new venue.

I would suggest looking into the possibility of running an event at a temporary course in a Lane County Park, Westmoreland or Dexter. I for one have had a great relationship with the City Parks Dept about Westmoreland. I'm pretty sure they would support the 18 hole layout I have approved for the Ice Bowl. it's just a $25 permit fee to have exclusive use of the park. Let me know if you would like any help in organizing these events. Feldberg is only going to be around for so long until he goes on tour. I would love to help the UofO however I'm needed this year. Hit me up and let's brainstorm some possibilities. Peace

Andrew Rich
I've heard there was a pretty good tournament at Armatage(sp.) Park in Coberg before. It might be worth looking into. But I do like the idea of having an eighteen hole tourney at Westy too.
Keep us informed,
___Tab
I'm down to play Lauerlwood any day ever! I think Andrew has a good idea of starting a small doubles league there
I like throwing a Putter, Roc Tourney at Westy. It will encourage growth of short to mid range game, and get some of the best players to come to Westy "Buck lol". Just a thought. Dorris Ranch could work to but there are allot of enviromentalist that guard certain aspects of Dorris.

Anywho.
Jonny Roc

Go Ducks
That's a good idea for this time of year. Set the course all in short pin placements and make it a putting mid-range tourney.I'm in!
___Tab
Jonny Roc said:
I like throwing a Putter, Roc Tourney at Westy. It will encourage growth of short to mid range game, and get some of the best players to come to Westy "Buck lol". Just a thought. Dorris Ranch could work to but there are allot of enviromentalist that guard certain aspects of Dorris.

Anywho.
Jonny Roc

Go Ducks
Yeah, I agree with John. I believe we should bring more activity at Westmoreland and bring out new players. A mid range disc tourney like John said would be tight. And the ice bowl is coming up so that should be another good event at Westie.
A 2 disc only tourney, 1 mid-range, 1 putter, 36holes, all in short!!! Lets make it happen!!!!!

Westy Club could throw it or co-host it, or whatever. But a tourney like this would be simple to throw and something we could feasiblly do in March, near final OLE!!!! Get it!!!!!

Jonny Roc

Jory said:
Yeah, I agree with John. I believe we should bring more activity at Westmoreland and bring out new players. A mid range disc tourney like John said would be tight. And the ice bowl is coming up so that should be another good event at Westie.
Ha made ya look......
To all,
I am working on a tournament either at Armatage or Perkins Pennisula Park (Fern Ridge) for the end of the month.
Im not sure if the parks can fit 18 holes or if we could even pull together 18 baskets but 9 in cool too.
I think it will be much like the last tournament but not a doubles match. I want a park that is less like a mud pit to be the next tourny. Westy could be more enjoyable to all if it is a little dryer. Late March perhaps?
Let me know how yall clubsters feel or know about the ideas.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968