www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Every year the members of Team Discraft are expected to submit information for their page on the Discraft website: advice, tips, the discs in their bag, memorable moments, etc.

I am in the process of authoring the new stuff and I am interested in what you dudes (and dudettes), my close, personal friends and extended, sort-of-close friends might recommend. I wrote for a while last night but my computer somehow erased it. I am taking this as a sign that whatever I wrote was less than brilliant. So now I open this up for suggestion. What would you be interested in, if anything?

My current page on the website is heavy on insults and sarcasm. You can view it at Discraft.com. Many of you who know me realize that it was done in fun but a new reader may not understand it. So part of my new approach was a kinder, gentler version of playing and practicing tips.

My page is already longer and more wordy than the other, far more talented Pros. Should I edit it down some, or a lot or expand it? On reading the accolades section, I thought my page was too braggardly so I was thinking to scale it back.

So I'm looking for any feedback or suggestions. You can respond publicly or privately, as you wish.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kinder and Gentler is boring Mark. Blood and guts that's what people want! HAHA!
Also what kind of tips would people like to see as I am also in the process of filling mine out.
as Billy joel said before he got drunk and divorced.... "dont go changin' to try and please me "
So... your computer crashing was a sign? I personally enjoy your sarcasim. I think you could be kinder and gentler but what fun would that be... I say be yourself! Peaple will figure out that your really just... well... to the point about stuff.
When I first read your page on discraft.com I was laughing out loud for half of it! Don't tame it down Mark! My only advice would be to write more. You don't really get to "hear" most of the other pros through their pages. You come across as human and hilarious IMO.
I don't know about you page Mark, however the Virgina peanuts that we just opened are even better than the normal ones we have Tuesday night. You can test them out yourself very soon.
I agreed with the general tone of your fans here even before I read their responses. Toning down the bragging would be good but don't tone down the sarcasm.
Wow, what a great opportunity for Disc Golf and DGRUS regulars!

How about a small section on how new players can help the sport. Simple stuff like pack it in pack it out and be kind to joggers/pedestrians on the course if there are any.
You mean to tell me there are people in Disc Golf that dont know you! nonsense!!!
Bruce Brakel said:
I agreed with the general tone of your fans here even before I read their responses. Toning down the bragging would be good but don't tone down the sarcasm.
I edited this to add a bunch of sarcastic stuff and the edit did not go through. Perhaps a sign I should be nice?
1 suggestion leave the memorable disc golf moment with the chicks at Kennsington. That was a good read. Anyway's you have been playing many year's. I could only expect your page would expand with all of your success! Just my opinion! if you want less just choose to edit. anyways hope this helps a little. Talk with you Mark.
Well, Mark does not have much input on a backhand. I have not read your Discraft page. Any input you have will help most people. You are a living legend with the help of this site. I think anything you post will be beneficial to most disc golfers. Your insight and thoughts are always helpful. Everybody loves your comments, keep it the same.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968