www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Every year the members of Team Discraft are expected to submit information for their page on the Discraft website: advice, tips, the discs in their bag, memorable moments, etc.

I am in the process of authoring the new stuff and I am interested in what you dudes (and dudettes), my close, personal friends and extended, sort-of-close friends might recommend. I wrote for a while last night but my computer somehow erased it. I am taking this as a sign that whatever I wrote was less than brilliant. So now I open this up for suggestion. What would you be interested in, if anything?

My current page on the website is heavy on insults and sarcasm. You can view it at Discraft.com. Many of you who know me realize that it was done in fun but a new reader may not understand it. So part of my new approach was a kinder, gentler version of playing and practicing tips.

My page is already longer and more wordy than the other, far more talented Pros. Should I edit it down some, or a lot or expand it? On reading the accolades section, I thought my page was too braggardly so I was thinking to scale it back.

So I'm looking for any feedback or suggestions. You can respond publicly or privately, as you wish.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you know, now that i just finished reading all these carefully worded responses to Marks latest post.....i find myself wondering......yes wondering...... wondering how i could have wasted my time reading all this ass kissen crap about Mark Ellis.....who is he anyway ! i will tell you he is, why hes just another Team Discraft, forehand throwin no backhand drivin disc golf hack !!! heck i heard his Team Discraft membership was just honorary, you know its like when they give someone say..... a comedian like Jim Carrey an honorary doctors degree, although Jim and Mark are obviously both are very funny individuals, you wouldn't want Jim Carrey to actually perform surgery on you anymore than Discraft can expect Mark Ellis to actually win a tournament ! .......ahhh dude im just playin, i couldn't resist, this was started feeling like a Mark Ellis roast.

i wouldn't change a thing, i read it and found it to be informative, direct, and as always at times very humerus, i especially liked your memorable moment lmao ! dude that was freaking hilarious !! that kind of humor that you seam to always manage to slip into a discussion is what always gives me a good laugh, you are being yourself, and come across to me as an approachable ( no i am not stalking you ) regular guy like myself, heck i play as good as you and i am not even considered a pro ! actually that's a lie....cause i am much better than you ( a total lie ! ) but you get my point, us regular players can relate to you, your tips and pointers you wrote about are usefull, they include some basic common sense tips that we might not always think about as well as advanced tips, like for example what to holler at a car pulling through the parking lot if it has a girl wearing a bikini in it, these are important things i need to know ! and they can really help casual rec players like myself as well as advanced players.

as far as it coming across to braggardly, is that a word by the way ? anyway, i personally didn't find it to be braggardly, after all, how can you be considered braggardly if the only thing you have to brag about is holding down last place all the time !! LOL peace - DC
Mark, it's people like you that keep the sport of disc golf fresh.I look foward, and truley enjoy all your information, don't tone done nothin ! ZMAN
Mark,

I have found your Discraft bio page to be one of the better reads as far as team member bios go....keep up the good work and stay true to your hilarious sarcastic self.
Before there was DGRUS, there was Disc Life*, by far the most entertaining disc golf website of its time. Mark wrote for Disc Life in a column titled Lizard Tales. Here's how he presented himself in about 2002.

* Operated by Brian Sullivan, who now works for Discraft and who has - thank you, Brian - at least left the site up and running, although not updating it.
by the way my earlier post was all in fun and in no way reflects Marks real and obvious skill on the course, i just thought i better say that before i got any hate email from Marks fan club of which i am a member.
Your long winded like me and some people don't know how to take that. I say continue with what you know.

I have always wondered why you keep the towels in your hand? Doesn't it screw with you ever? Is it a balance technique?

You are one of my favorite golfers. You never hesitate to help those with less skills! That in my mind makes you one of the best golfers out there. Ken Climo was World Champion for God only knows how long and I have only seen one or two tips from him. You are chock full of tips and they are always top notch!!!!!!
OK, Now that it's not a Friday night when I read this....

I can't believe that I'm say this, however.... I sorta agree with Bruce.. Definitely keep the Sarcasm.

As for the length of the article/page.. If anyone has ever met you and spent any time discussing anything with you, they will know that you say enough to get your point across (or keep someone out of jail) and that's it, albeit with a story to go along with it to make it interesting.

If you change what you are doing, it's not you and I will say BOOOOO!!
Todd i couldn't agree more.

Todd White said:
OK, Now that it's not a Friday night when I read this....

I can't believe that I'm say this, however.... I sorta agree with Bruce.. Definitely keep the Sarcasm.

As for the length of the article/page.. If anyone has ever met you and spent any time discussing anything with you, they will know that you say enough to get your point across (or keep someone out of jail) and that's it, albeit with a story to go along with it to make it interesting.

If you change what you are doing, it's not you and I will say BOOOOO!!
Okay I read your novel and after taking a well-deserved nap, I am ready to offer a couple of suggestions. :-)

I wouldn't delete anything, the sarcasm should definitely stay but I would add a little more here and there.

As an older player, it would be nice to see you give more suggestions for your fellow age-challenged players. I took disc golf up at age 45 and there are some challenges that younger players just don't get. Most of us do not have a personal trainer and some of us need some suggestions on which exercises are most effective.

Personally, I advocate functional (involves multiple joints and muscle groups) exercises such as power cleans, chin-ups or pull-ups, dumbbell row, push-ups (mix it up with width of arms and inverting the feet), and dips. Also dumbbell bench press, dumbbell shoulder press which I combine with a dumbbell curl, and deadlifts. Therabands are great for pulling motions and other exercises that strengthen the shoulder girdle.

Stretching is important but generally should be done after the round, not before it. For an older player to get ready for a round, it's best to mimic what you are going to do during the round but start out with light tosses and gradually build up to full speed. Younger players just walk up to the tee and fling until that fateful day when ....

Also, golf is a social game and those of us with limited time find ourselves torn between practicing and playing a round with our buddies. So what can we do to combine the 2? Perhaps post a couple of your favorite games that assist in developing skills.
Get Discraft to make production runs of Z Drones !!!!!
Plain and simple anything you write i will read it. I love the sarcasm.

Lets be honest here. Im not trying to pad your ego by any means but generally i would listen to your words of wisdom over many others. Cause you put far more into the sport then said others. You have the job and the game people like myself strive for (but i dont ever wanna be a lawyer your all ambulance chasers, TOTALLY KIDDING)

I can tell you one thing i would like to see, a midrange video. Not a nate doss whats in the bag, but a mark ellis midrange/approuch video. getting out of the shule from a knee, where to flick or backhand. And disc choice. WHat is too stable and what isnt stable enough, as you know many people watch your vids and they seem to be a stable of great information for lots of people.
How about some tips on How not to fill old. I dont know about you but after a tournament Im wore out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968