www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How does it fly for you? In what situations do you use it?
And can you compare it to any Innova disc?

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is flying pretty straight for me now. I like the disc a lot. I don't think it is exactly like a Buzzz but it's pretty close. Think of a buzzz that has some fade to it. I typically use it for hole I would also use my XL for. It goes far and straight. I find that I turn it over more than the XL...but a little hyzer fixes that quickly. At first I didn't like the disc that much but it has found a way into the bag and I am enjoying it now.
I have the glow versions...they are 9 grams apart and both pretty stable. I use'em for Night Golf only. I don't know what to compare them too...no way a buzz..these Glow versions are too stable for that. Maybe a Champ Orc..that's what they remind me of at least.
I have a First Run Stalker and i use it for the long tunnel shots for turnovers and straight shots, it's like a buzzz on steriods and when they came out with it and the ringer i was satisfied with their performance, i wanna say it's like a TL but I don't really know any Innova disc's because i mainly throw Discraft....
I have one of the first run Z stalkers and its just okay. I prefer my XL to it... but its still in my bag.
its a nice disc but nothing like a buzzz.i'm still working with it, but it hasnt earned a full time spot in my bag.
Just don't let the words "Extra Long Range Driver" trick you. When I got my first Stalker, I foolishly thought I would get around the same distance as my other drivers (e.g. Surge, Avenger). When it didn't come close, I took it out of my bag. It wasn't until a couple of months later that a buddy explained that it wasn't a driver per say, just a longer Buzz. I now carry two, Elite-Z and Crystal. Great disc for straight shots! It would be nice though if Discraft changed the wording on the disc to "Extra Long Mid-Range Driver". But I'm just an amateur, what do I know? :)
All I know is that one of my buddies is deadly accurate with one of them. He's got a very spin oriented throw that he seems to throw with no effort and when he throws a stalker it just seems to hold and hold and hold and fall out flat.

I said to myself, "Oh great, now he can throw straight longer." :-) It's made me consider picking one up.
Surge and avenger are max distance drivers.
I've also seen stalkers thrown over 380- don't put limitations on your discs;)
I was an xl guy til the stalker. I have plenty, at least one in every plastic. It is a very weight sensitive disc IMO, so if it's your first one, I'd suggest around 170g. My 170 that I first started really using is now great for annys but I don't know what to compare it to.

The problem with compareing it to other discs is it may limit your lines, thus not get you all the greatness of this disc.
I can tell you it's a longer buzzz cause when thrown flat and low it behaves simillar. I can also call it a slightly shorter teebird, my favorite shot with it is a slight hyzer in hand thrown ~25-30 ft high for 290-320.
my friend picked one up last week and it seems to fly long and straight.
I have a Z 173g tourney stamp and i usually use it for a headwind where i would normally use my Buzzz or Roc. The one that I have and the ones that my buddies have are all pretty stable. I'll also use it to throw uphill with some anny on release. I'm sure this will all change when i get it broken in more. Like Mark says "Z will last longer than your next X-GF"
Great disc for headwind...

Actually, not really. I dont like it much, i think that it annys too much. I like the Innova viking a lot better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968