www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the village of Ziga (sic) near the southwest corner of the Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe, Sheila and I visited a school compound and handed out some gifts, including golf discs.

In order to show them how to play, we set up a two-hole course between a laundry pole and a huge shade tree. We each got a 3 on the first hole, which was about 270', as was the second.

My second drive bounced off the hood of our Land Rover and smacked right into the target - a huge tree trunk. So my 21st Ace was a target ace in Zimbabwe. What fun!

If you haven't seen my bungee jump off the bridge between Zambia and Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls, check it out (just over 2 minutes long).

P.S. The election day voter/winner will be announced tomorrow morning, on Thanksgiving!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on the Zimbabwean Ace....and the having the kahunas to jump. No Fear!!!
PHOTOS?
GOT ANY?
VIDEO?
We want to see.... pleez.
Rubber band worked.
good job
Wow,some people will go the the ends of the earth for an ACE!Nice jump,enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends and family.Perhaps an ACE is due closer to home;>}
that video was soooo epic
No, but I broke my leg in South Africa in 1979 attempting to catch a frisbee. I had just gotten out of a cast from a previous break and was running when I stepped in a depression. Twisted it and heard a sound like a breaking piece of wood. Then the pain showed up.

It's a shame that some of the most beautiful places on earth are marred by violence and ruthless dictators like Mugabe. He took power in 1980 and has done nothing good for his people. A very evil man. I hope that the good people of Zimbabwe come to their senses and throw this guy to the dogs. He doesn't care for his people at all. But he is calling for elections next year and will surely result to violence to rig the election once again.

I would love to get back to South Africa sometime. A very beautiful country. Seems like they did a much better job with turning things around after they got rid of Apartheid.
The guy even looks like a black Hitler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvjPnZAaMo
Nope, still waiting for my first ace :(
Hey Superman, Great job on spreading disc golf and super jump. Keep on going, Man.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968