www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think this was one of Innova's first discs that they came out with, and a couple years ago I picked up a used one for $2. For the first year or so that I had it, I hardly threw it and wasn't all that impressed with it when I did. And then...

I threw the Viper with a tomahawk and fell in love with it. I can get it to do almost anything I want, and can even get it to skip right where I want it to.

Anyone else throw this old disc? Or am I the only one stuck in the past?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the viper came out in '92? or around that time. Maybe the winter of '91? Definitely, not the first disc that they released. The Whippet followed shortly thereafter. I've got a glow Viper that I still use for night golf. Also have several vipers in my collection and a Flying Eye stamped Viper on my wall. Good disc, but the Firebird, I think is the newer Viper replacement.
I have a couple of CH Vipers in my backup/alt bag. I only use them when it's really windy. They don't skip as much/far as a Firebird ... so I like them for wind shots when I don't want a big skip. It's gotta be really freakin windy for me to put a Viper in the bag.
I love my Viper... it's my get out of trouble disc. I can flick it, thumber, or huge hyzer it!! Love the skip on it!!

I wish I had a better plastic but maybe Santa will get my a Champ edition.

Great disc... I have 3 DX and am always looking for different colored ones when I go to the sporting store.

If the Firebird is the replacement I will have to try it also...
Swamptoy said:
Being a leftie its a most have for my side arm .At these handest courses . I think Rick would like to use one if yous aint using all of them =)

John McMullen said:
I have a couple of CH Vipers in my backup/alt bag. I only use them when it's really windy. They don't skip as much/far as a Firebird ... so I like them for wind shots when I don't want a big skip. It's gotta be really freakin windy for me to put a Viper in the bag.

Sorry ... it does get really freakin windy here in CO ... or I wouldn't hav'em in my backup bag. ;)
So how does the Whippet compare to to the Viper?
A Viper is a faster Whippet !!!!
i think i found one once, i threw it in a trash can on the course.
Swamptoy said:
Joshlotto where is this Can you chuck all these sweet discs in. Your alway trashin good stuff .Do you think that Viper is still there?
joshlotto said:
i think i found one once, i threw it in a trash can on the course.

i said i think it was, im not sure. it looked like it had been chewed on by a dog. and im sure some goomba dug it out of the trash and is using it now.
joshlotto said:
i think i found one once, i threw it in a trash can on the course.

LOFL!!!
I still have one of the Original Metal Heads !!!!!!
I just found one a couple weeks back. It's clearly well-loved. I feel terrible for the guy or gal who lost it. I found it at Giles Run in Lorton, VA, and if you can describe it, it's yours.
Haha, Rick. You do love your Viper. I saw this thread, and knew I would find a response from you. The Firebird is a great disc. I had a Viper for a while, and was actually kind of glad when I lost the thing. Didn't work for me.

Rick said:
I love my Viper... it's my get out of trouble disc. I can flick it, thumber, or huge hyzer it!! Love the skip on it!!

I wish I had a better plastic but maybe Santa will get my a Champ edition.

Great disc... I have 3 DX and am always looking for different colored ones when I go to the sporting store.

If the Firebird is the replacement I will have to try it also...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968