www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anybody have a review on this disc? Wondering on the stability compared to other gateway discs. Hard to throw? Easy to turnover?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am loving my Apache...it fits between the Diablo DT and the Assassin...It has a nice high speed stablility that allows for sight turn if thrown with enough rotation, glide is good..great on anhyzer lines, and it has a solid fade at the end...but not extreme fade...just predictable.
I agree Smokey! The Apache is a really great disc. I've been throwing it with a slight bit of anhyzer on it and it sails a good long way with minimal fade and the end of the flight. Or you can throw it flat on a hyzer line and it it will cut a real nice line.

Also check out the Savage, a little faster and a little meaner. But not ridiculous like some other discs. It too is still predictable in it's flight.

Dave McCormick gets an A+ on these 2 discs. Probably 2 of the best drivers he has released.
Is it like Whippet stable ?
Is this a good disc for those of us with slower arm speeds? My drives average about 275' and I would like a bit more distance.
I would go for an Assassin if you only avg 275. I avg 400-420 ft but have hucks out past 500. The Apache would make a great hyzer disc though if you are looking for one. The ergonomic rim makes it easy to get a good grip.
Bob, I would say probably not. It does take a little arm speed to throw it correctly. However I think that with the amount of glide it may add a few feet to your game. But it would probably be just an overstable hyzer driver for you. It is one of the easier Gateway discs I have encountered but still a little advanced.
I would say give it a try though. It's just a disc and if you don't like it someone else will!!!!
Thanks, folks. I decided to try a Quest Inferno, couple of different weights. Also working on form, got some tips at a club scramble the other night.
thanks guys. i am a huge fan of the assassin. ordered a pair of apaches yesterday. can't wait to test em out.
Unfortunately Donny..this is for the old Apache...The new Apache is much faster with better glide.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968