www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Of course I don't approve multiple shots especially on a busy course, but in a casual game with friends, and no groups behind you, and of course it doesn't count, we will often throw a second putt if the first one misses.

Is this possibly reinforcing bad behavior?

Why is it the second putt has a much higher percentage of going in ?

I know the answers already, but I find this an interesting topic. what say you ?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because you had the thought of making it !!!
the less i think about what i am doing the more often i make a putt the first time.
Shutting the brain off temporarily works. I just try changing the brain channel to full positive !!!!
Usually i make the first one and then just throw one for the hell of it.
Gives you a point of reference for the target and your brain can correct your mistake the second shot.
on the 2nd shot there isnt any pressure to make it.
I lot of times my friend and I will throw multiple shots, if we have the course all to ourselves which isn't too hard this time of year. We still always play the first shot, but alot of the time the second as well. i think taking the second shot is the "no pressure" shot. I mean you've already missed the putt or blown the shot , so what's the worst that can happen ? You screw the pooch again, big dealI don't think it reinforces bad behavior, some of the time, at least for myself, it helps to re-build the confidence lost on the first putt or shot, unless of course the second shot goes bad, then your own your own.
If I am playing by myself and no one else is on the course I almost always throw two putts, whether I make the first one or not. In my opinion the more putts you take the better. Sometimes I even play that my putts don't count unless I can make 2 out of 3.

However, I think it's also important to take plenty of rounds and pretend you are in a tournament so that you can get used to that as well. Then obviously you should only take one putt...
If there is nobody on my home course while I'm playing, I'll very often throw multiple drives on each hole and approach/putt from each of my drives. Its a fun way to learn each disc in your bag and approach/putt from all over. However, I only take the score on the first drive.
Everyone knows that PLAYER B is always better!

ROFL
yeah.. I usually will use that shot as a reference and make corrections for the 2nd shot.... (if nobody is behind me waiting) I see it as a confidence booster too.
i just dont think about the second shot as much. The worst one is when we are filming some golf and you film someones shot they miss then turn the cammera of and they always get there second shot in we always have a bit of a laugh at this

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968