www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone throwing the ESP Impact? I want to replace my DX CHEETAH AND DX LEOPARD for the Extra disc space in my bag. I tried the Barry Schultz Champion Leopard and it flew NOTHING like the DX. I am tired of replacing DX discs once a month cause I beat them to pieces. I ordered a 170gm ESP Impact based on the ratings from discgolfcenter.com and I am HOPING it will fill the void of the Leopard AND the Cheetah. The DX Leopard was my go to disc and the DX Cheetah was my 155gm Tailwind disc. I know I am asking more than one disc can do, but I am hoping..... Lol.

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two Impacts in my bag. I love both of them. One is a 160gm that I use for 150 to 200ft annys. I can get a long smooth anny out of it if I crank on it. The other is a 171gm that is my utility disc, short thumbers, tight shots, drop shots, short forehand flicks....that's my disk. And you can't beat the ESP durability....
Awesome. Good to hear. Sounds like what I am looking for.
Innova Archon or a Latitude 64 Diamond are what replaced my Leopard (and Roadrunner).
Archon Has found it's way into my bag as well, and I love it... Though I would have to say much faster and longer then a Roadrunner... at least for me, but a nice under stable disc indeed.
I love the SPEED of the Leopard and the Cheetah. I am looking for a Slower Fairway driver. Thats why the impact interested me. I have the Lat 64 Vision (more stable than I thought it would be) and wasn't interested in the Lat 64 Diamond because my Star Roadrunner is flying Amazing for a turnover. The Archon looks like a cool disc, but is definitely faster than I am looking for. :)
Did you ever try the river? Nice speed 7 disc and you can get long range driver distance with it.
I DID try the River! Bought a GL River that I threw and LOVED, albeit, it did not throw like a Leopard for me. But, it was AMAZING. Actually the ONLY Lat 64 disc I have thrown that I thought was true to its rating. Anyway, threw it on a hole with 35-40ft drop in elevation right off the tee pad. I hucked about a foot to high and stuck (LITERALLY INTO THE WOOD) my River into a cradle of a Big ol' oak tree branch. My Discraft Cyclone basically replaced that disc. It was in the tree for almost 4 months. I got a call about 4 days ago from a guy that found it on the ground. I told him the story and he thought it was hilarious, so I just told him to keep it. :) Thanks for the recommend though, Bob!
I find the core to be more like a buzzz. For me it fades at the end a little too much. If you looking for a great anny disc try the fuse also by lat64. It holds a line like no other disc I've thrown.

I've thrown the Impact for a few years.  When I was a weak arm, it gave me a consistent narrow fairway straight driver.  Now that my arm has improved it works as a utility straight, anny disc for tight tree areas.  Awesome disc, you can even use it as a long range putter!

Try a JLS. It's probably the most underrated control driver out there. It will definetly fill in for both a Cheetah or Leopard.
fully agree with Rudy's statement. Most controllable disc I have ever thrown and glides for days
Now that I have had the Impact for awhile, I am learning it. Thrown with less than full power, it does what I ask of it. Thrown full power, it turns over pretty hard, which is not a bad thing. The Impact has found its place in my bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968