www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played an Unsanctioned tourney in Salem, Oregon this past weekend. I pulled out my Gold Line Lat 64 Riot on a slight headwind hole to drive with. A guy in the group I was in said "Oh, is that the Discraft Titanium Plastic?" I said No, it's Lat 64. He said QUOTE """""Lat 64 STOLE THAT PLASTIC FROM DISCRAFT!!!"""""" I said that it was funny that Lat 64 has had THEIR GL discs out for at Least a couple years and Discraft was just coming out with the TI Plastic. He said "Oh" and didn't talk to me anymore. Lol.....

So, made me wonder, has anyone touched the Ti Plastic and how does it compare to Gold Line? Anybody pay $100 for a Pre-Release Ti Stalker on eBay?????? :0

Views: 1314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same. 

I bought a force for 36.00  Gold to.  Can't wait for it to get here.

Nice Steve. Give us a Report when you get it.....

Well I have a Ti Stalker that I field tested a handfull of times and found it to be pretty similar to a Glo "Z" Stalker, but with about 10 to15 ft more "D". Mind you there is a weight diff of approx 6grms (177g for the Ti and 171g for the Glo).

This stuff feels and looks just like Gold Line plastic, but some have said it has more grip and is more durable? If the latter is true, this will be the last Ti you buy, because my GL Vision still looks and flies pretty much the same since day one. Ya it has some scuffs, but no major plastic missing at all. More Grip? eeehhhha....maybe? but not much. Mind you it was a cold day in NorCal, but I still call them even in the grip dept.

As for any flight diff. Both my Glo and Ti are flatops, but the Ti seems more stable. However, I chalk that up to the weight diff.

To me it's just GL plastic. So Lat 64 better run some backround checks on it's staff, because I think there is a Discraft mole working there :)

P.S. NO! I wasn't the one who forked out $100 for one Stalker lol!

Thanks for the Report Rescue! I broke down and ordered a Ti Buzzz last night to try out.  Will let you know which river I end up throwing in on it's first flight..... :)

I should be getting my two Nate Doss Signature (personalized, thank you ND) Buzzzes tomorrow. I will definitely post ASAP.

Only 70 made BTW they're even Color Shift, lending even more credence to the GL comparison. It's no secret how to make beautiful, durable plastic, it's just that some companies COUinnovaGH!) don't feel the need.

A kid I know just got a TI Buzzz, and it seemed like it was more stable than the Z Buzzz, but that could also be because it was shiny new. It does look like GL plastic though.

I dunno where it went, but I wrote you a thank you note along with another post about the scoring app that disappeared. Thanks again. I'll be back for the convention next March. Cmon out to SD and you have a place to crash anytime.

Throws just like the Z Buzzz. My first throw, I thought it might be a bit more stable, so I gave it a little extra snap and a 2 degree anny release. Unexpectedly, it held the line perfectly and caught some leaves on the right. Next hole it was four feet from the hole.

Attachments:

Got my Ti Buzzz in the mail yesterday evening. Looks like Lat 64 Gold Line to me, BUT.....

It seams to me like it feels a little bit Stiffer than GL plastic AND. I swear, it feels to me like it has a little more Grip to it. Very Grippy. 

What do you think, Christian? Firmer and Grippier than Gold Line, or is it just me??

Definitely firmer and grippier at first. After a few throws it seems about equal. Keep in mind I don't own any Lat64 mids (except that used Core Bong gave me).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968