www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/fw11/shoes/men/trailhead/...

Any input on:

durability,

comparison to the Milos,

sizing (site says they run half a size small),

and anything else,

Thanks!

Views: 1763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rescue has it right Goretex socks are the only way to go to keep dry. Rocky boots makes the best pair I have ever used and they are very breathable. I never get wet I can were plain old tenny runners and not get wet abit. all my friends have bought them now. and love them.

Wore my vans with plastic bags stuffed in my socks last weekend, best wet round I ever played.

If you like Vans. You will dig the 5-10 Impacts. Kind of like Vans on roids. The Stealth rubber is awesome!

so the looks of the 5-10 impacts are sharp. @ Rescue How do they hold up in the long haul. I am really interested in them after seeing them.

My wife works for Kohls so I get my Vans for $18, 5-10's are over $100 and I have already sunk $600+ into performance shoes. Though there are some shoes out there made by Innov8 that look pretty interesting.

Another good option are Patagonia Drifter A/C GoreTex shoes.  I have always had issues with the Gore Tex lining wearing out in everything that I bought previously.  I have been through Merrells (GTX leaked after a month or so), Oboz (leaked after 3 months), Vasque (6 months), Salomons (3 months), and a few other brands.  The only brands that met my expectations have been these particular Patagonias and a few different varieties of Lowa shoes.  Lowas are absolutely bulletproof, but tended to run a little wide for my foot (I have a really narrow foot).  I would wear thick SmartWool socks to take up some of the extra space, lace them up real tight, and my feet would still be a little sore from "floating"around on the footbed a bit.  Good news was they would last at least 2 years and they would still be waterproof and had plenty of tread left (I am RHBH that goes pretty easy on my shoes).  If you have a normal sized foot, or possibly even a wider foot, I would recommend Lowas 100%.  These particular Patagonias have been excellent so far for my narrow foot...excellent comfort from day 1, gore tex is still 100% operational, and there is PLENTY of tread left after a solid year of using them.  Pricing is a bit high, but I feel that I have more than received my money worth.  That said, if you are a FH thrower, I wish you luck in finding any shoe that will take the abuse.  Every predominantly FH thrower that I know absolutely trashes their shoes in no time.  That toe drag motion on concrete teepads is simply too much for any rubber compound out there.  Maybe they need to come out with a removable/replaceable hard plastic insert or something.  

I've had mine for a year and they are still fine. I play mainly cement pads. The toe area is starting to show wear, but not wear through.

So it's morning, no coffee yet and I'm not sure what I posted earlier....These are the best disc golf shoe's I've ever had. NO peeling soles or ripping up the toe after a year of playing (granted, it's been a mellow year). The NEG is that they are uber stiff at 1st, but they are made for some thrashing! (approach climbing and downhill mountain biking). If you look at the soles, the tread is pretty plain, but with that sticky rubber. I've had NO traction problems at all! Heck wet teepads you can run up like they are dry and terrain has not been an issue either.

For ME, MYSELF, and I....These are the best disc golf shoes I've hever had!

I almost pulled the trigger on some Innov8, but thought I'd try the 5-10's. I must be honest. At 1st I did not like them at all (5-10 Savants?) Waaaaaay to rigid, but then I saw the Impacts and though I'd try one more time. Paydirt!

These shoe's have outlasted any disc golf shoe I've had (minus my Garmonts) by a good six to eight months....so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968