www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It would be a great time for anyone not a member to join, and those of us that haven't sent in this year's membership to do so. Let's show the PDGA that the new promotional video was well done, well received, appreciated and well worth the effort by taking membership to a new level in 2009.

Tags: disc, disc golf, it's in the air, golf, it's in the air, pdga membership, pdgs

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in there like swim wear....
I am not an expert on this, but i did not get the impression that this video is geared towards getting more players or more memberships but to get more sponsors????
I would think the PDGA doesn't really have a problem getting members and if it was worried about it, would be better served by creating a video towards things like why join the PDGA, why renew, what benefits to you get by being a member.

This video is geared in my opinion towards helping them get more and better sponsorship, i think.

Here are my questions about this video. Who paid or created this video? Why do we not see more and different disc golf companies shown in it? Who pre dominates the video?
Is the Video for Free ?
Donny Olow said:
Is the Video for Free ?
free to watch on the web !
I gotta say, if your serious about discgolf, join the PDGA. I just did this year. My membership was one of the best gifts I got for xmas. Ironically, I just got a promotion at work and that means less time for DG, but still I am proud to promote the sport anyway!
-JP
If it was free or cheaper i would. I just can't afford it these days.
Presto said:
I gotta say, if your serious about discgolf, join the PDGA. I just did this year. My membership was one of the best gifts I got for xmas. Ironically, I just got a promotion at work and that means less time for DG, but still I am proud to promote the sport anyway!
-JP
yes, I'm with you. I got a gift membership also and it was a great gift...
William Gilbert said:
I am not an expert on this, but i did not get the impression that this video is geared towards getting more players or more memberships but to get more sponsors????
I would think the PDGA doesn't really have a problem getting members and if it was worried about it, would be better served by creating a video towards things like why join the PDGA, why renew, what benefits to you get by being a member.
I think that the two would go hand in hand, wouldn't you bill ? I mean, greater sponsorship brings more members and vice-versa, or at least one would hope.

This video is geared in my opinion towards helping them get more and better sponsorship, i think.

Here are my questions about this video. Who paid or created this video? Why do we not see more and different disc golf companies shown in it? Who pre dominates the video?
William Gilbert said:

I agree with you William. In my opinion, this video was geared towards getting more sponsors not generating new memberships.

Again, in my opinion the song chosen for the video works okay if the video is only shown to potential sponsors ("...we got to get it together..."), but does not work for potential new members...sounds like the PDGA does not have it together.

Just my opinion...
skinner said:
William Gilbert said:

I agree with you William. In my opinion, this video was geared towards getting more sponsors not generating new memberships.

Again, in my opinion the song chosen for the video works okay if the video is only shown to potential sponsors ("...we got to get it together..."), but does not work for potential new members...sounds like the PDGA does not have it together.

Just my opinion...
promote, that's the key word.
"The "Disc Golf: it's in the air!" DVD will be made available to our state and country coordinators, and as well as other movers and shakers to use for greater corporate sponsorship, event promotion, and to attract wider support from all recreational enthusiasts. It will also become a permanent addition to our PDGA.com multimedia section." this is what the PDGA said about the release. It sounds as if greater membership may be a slight concern and eventual end result from all of the PDGA efforts. I'm so impressed, I think I'll sign on for 2010 as well...
I joined in the fall as a new member! PDGA#37561 The new promo is excellent it has also been added to the PDGA section at Hardcore Hyzers.com which is under the play better area. Support the PDGA!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968