www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played a tourney this past weekend with a Nuke+ prototype in my bag, but never pulled it out.  Nobody could tell me for certain if it was tourney legal.  I really like the disc, but don't want to get penalized for using it if I'm not allowed to.  Could someone please give me an official answer?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

depends on who your playing with if its rec or intermediate people tend not to call you out on that stuff. in open when money is involved the rules are more strict! usually prototypes arent legal until pdga approved but noi one can tell you for sure if its dyed or has the stamp hidden ;)
A prototype is legal once the mold becomes PDGA approved. The Nuke Plus has not yet been submitted to the PDGA for approval so it is not legal in sanctioned events at the moment.

I personally love the Nuke Plus but Discraft has had differing feedback on it. Maybe it will be submitted and maybe it won't. A prototype modified Nuke-type disc was made last weekend. That is not yet legal either.
How does this disc fly compared to the regular Nuke?
I was going to say the same thing, you can get penalized for having an illegal disc in your bag. It is one thing if your disc gets broken from throwing and becomes an illegal disc to throw. You still have to let your party know technically before you put it in your bag.
Wicked,vicious overstable! Not useful for me at all. I love the ESP Nukes flight.
and silly me thought the nuke was quite overstable lol
For me the Nuke is flippy. Very flippy.
I have to same problem with my Nuke as well. It's just a little too flippy for me.
sounds fishy to me a rule is a rule. lets not cheat to get around it!!
Nuke + is Overstable. ESP Nuke needs to be thrown with Hyzer.
Nuke Plus is now PDGA approved. New approved list has not yet been updated. Maybe tomorrow.
YAY!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968