www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering a bunch of the guys who live around here and I simply go to our own local park and make up our own courses there. Instead of baskets we use targets like a tree, a bench, a swingset, a garbage can or drinking fountains. In order to make the hole you simply hit the object. It is so much fun but I never hear it discussed outside of the guys that live here. 

I love it so much more than driving off to the real courses when I can just hop on a bike and ride a block and play 18 holes.

We make up our own courses at this park between us we have over 50+ courses.

We just get a satellite shot of the park from google maps, crop it, and photoshop each hole in then print em out and laminate em. This makes it so we can remember all of the different ones.

Anyway curious if anybody else ever does this and/or what you think of it?

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first course that I ever played was this kind of course. That was back in about 1983 when I attended Iowa State University and we had an 18 hole object course at a place called the Arboretum. We had one par 2 (the sundial, which was a blind shot) and also a par 5 with a shortcut along a fence and through the trees. We played to trees, fence posts and even a manhole cover. It was a lot of fun. In fact we didn't even know what disc golf discs were back then, we played with big old Whamos.

I did this a few years back when I live over an hour from any course. However I will take a real course over a target course anyday.

I built a 9 hole course in my Neighborhood like this. LOTS of Fun. :)

Some of us did this with frisbees decades ago, before we'd heard of disc golf.  Baskets were a big leap forward and, having courses nearby, I don't anymore.

We have a park that have light poles tapped off as an object course. Being that your throwing at light poles we play it at night. Works out well and you don't even need lights.

You should unscrew the bulbs until they're barely in.  Then the targets will blink on and off when you hit them.

There Are some that turn on and off periodically. Its always fun when you hit your putt the same time it goes off.

I can just picture my shot from 250' away zeroing in on the target.....and at the last moment, all goes black! 

Wow that is awesome.  You are basically the origin of the game when you get down to it.  That is how this was invented right?  Guys with frisbees throwing at tree stumps?  I only been doing this for a year if that and the game was fully established when I found it.  Guys like you are the grassroots of where it all started.  I envy you, and offer a high five for being an original part of this game.

That is awesome Jim.  You were doing this before I was even born.  Awesome guys like you were out there before they even made discs special for disc golf.  I am new compared only been at it for a few years.

Night golf is awesome.  They sell lights to put on the discs at our local store.  We got a couple light up discs and then bought some glow sticks from the dollar tree and set up 18 holes with the glow sticks taped to the targets.  Tons of fun.

Yes , we made up courses back in the 1970's , when we were kids.  We Still do , depending on location.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968