www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering a bunch of the guys who live around here and I simply go to our own local park and make up our own courses there. Instead of baskets we use targets like a tree, a bench, a swingset, a garbage can or drinking fountains. In order to make the hole you simply hit the object. It is so much fun but I never hear it discussed outside of the guys that live here. 

I love it so much more than driving off to the real courses when I can just hop on a bike and ride a block and play 18 holes.

We make up our own courses at this park between us we have over 50+ courses.

We just get a satellite shot of the park from google maps, crop it, and photoshop each hole in then print em out and laminate em. This makes it so we can remember all of the different ones.

Anyway curious if anybody else ever does this and/or what you think of it?

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Object courses was the way the game was invented, separately and independently by a thousand players throwing lids back in the day, who each probably thought they were doing something unique in the universe.

Being a radical at heart, I like to continue the tradition by turning existing basket courses into mere suggestions.  Any tee pad or basket location is open to change.  My local courses, of which there are many, have all been played backwards and skip a basket ( tee #1 to basket #2, etc) and via reindeer games .  I have found this works best when there are few other players on the course.  Of course.  And a horse is a horse, of course of course.

Well said as always Mark.Object/target game was our original set up of throwing "lids" since early 60's to the present day disc golf.Who'd of thought what would of progressed from those early daze of immagination.

Reverse play..t-pad to basket is a challenge.

I finished my post above with: "And a horse is a horse, of course of course."

I saw that mr ed was the next person to comment and thought it was a perfect set up...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968