www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like the PDGA. I think they have, do and will do a lot of good for our sport. I want to know why you don't like it. Please be specific.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its not just the "grubby beer drinking pot smoking dirt balls" that are the problem. I have seen some sober people that are dirt balls too! And not all beer drinkers and pot smokers are dirt balls!
I'm curious, does the PDGA have more than one centralized orgaization? What I mean by that...Is there a PDGA Western States Ops? (made up of course) or Gulf State Ops.?
Might help to spread the weight of the world? Reason I mention it, was that I saw a "NorCal PGA office" So I thought it would make it easier to deal with problems and make the locals feel more apart of it. Since I'm out here in Nor Cal. I do feel "detached" from the main goings on in this sport. Seems like the "big events" are never spread around the country. So I've never seen a reason to join, since all the fun is in the midwest.
There are state reps elected by PDGA members and California has two with a North and South rep. Yours is Jennifer Knisley from Loomis. Oregon is essentially PDGA West with three Board members from there: Todd Andrews, Chris Bellinger and Feldberg. In addition, Stork is a paid PDGA consultant based in Pasadena. The reason the midwest has big events has nothing to do with the PDGA but the actions of local promoters. In your eyes, the midwest is outdoing NorCal in hosting big events. Although two of the biggest events this year will be the Steady Ed Memorial Masters Cup NT in Santa Cruz followed by the Beaver State Fling NT in Oregon both a week apart in May.
I agree not all are.
yeah ...... what about US Open in Seattle? or Portland? or is it just a matter of votes there too?
Innova will likely have the USDGC as long as they're willing to put the money and effort into it. I doubt there's a potential bidder or company willing to spend the money to match their efforts at this time.
Thanks for the info. I never knew.. Always new about the Steady Ed, but I guess I never considered it a "major" event. My bad :)
Several World Champs play in the event every year if you want to check it out. In fact, I believe the current Open Men and Women Champs live in or near Santa Cruz.
isnt avery up in oregon?
I liked the pdga once upon a time. I grew to not like it even though I won many tournaments. I ran for regional director in Tx. and an Amateur had his club write in his name and he won in an election where he didn't tell the rest of the region his intentions. Not one player in Austin knew he wanted the job. I was the only one on the ballot. The response from the pdga was that there was no specific rule that prohibited what he did. Self-regulating?.....right! Then when I was almost 45 the pdga decided to change age based divisions by 5 yrs. I always thought that was a terrible idea. All the fear at that time was that the 35 and over div. was getting bigger than the open pro. So we see that fear was how they made the decision. I left then and will never come back. In fact I have my own course and my tournaments will never be associated with the pdga.
No. I thnk he's now living with his sister and Nate Doss near Santa Cruz. But they'll soon be back on the road again.
I played my first year as a PDGA member and I renewed this year, so I'm not a hater, but there are a few things that could be better. It would be nice if tournaments didn't take so long and I know this has all to do with the way the TD's run the tournament but 10+ hours of your day at most tournaments is a bit ridiculous for two rounds of disc golf. Check in a 830 don't start til 10 then another hour or more break inbetween. I think the PDGA should tell the TD's to speed things up, less down time, I hate wasting time doing nothing! Then there should be more strict regulations on who plays at the pro level so like someone mentioned below, that he could sign his dog up as a pro player. Enforce the player ratings so you move up once you hit a certain rating. I agree with no alcohol and dress code to make it a more organized sport to differentiate from casual, recreational players.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968