www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like the PDGA. I think they have, do and will do a lot of good for our sport. I want to know why you don't like it. Please be specific.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't dislike the PDGA in general. But there are numerous things that they need to improve on. Sorry no detail, that list could go forever and each person may have different issues.
No Smoking.
No Drinking.
Dress Code for A-Tier Tournys
It's as easy as that. When I tell people who have only been to Par Infinity tournys that in PDGA tournys they can't have a beer or burn one down, they usualy look at me like I'm crazy. I tell them I'm not crazy the PDGA is.

Just My Opinion

Keep Hucking
-Chris UDPGA# 0001
i like it because it keeps track of my scores and my rating, so i know where i stand in the field. plus i dont have to pay non-member fees! im all about saving money!
oh and as for a dress code, hahaha dude, i dont wanna play with some shirtless fatty in cutoff jean shorts. i think its fine for A-tiers.
No smoking? Hey I'm fine with that!
i never smoked cigarettes and i quit smoking weed, for the most part. i dont really care if people smoke on the course though, that is kind of a stupid rule. and i saw climo chain-smoking during the whole first round at worlds '08.
humchris said:
No Smoking.
No Drinking.
Dress Code for A-Tier Tournys
It's as easy as that. When I tell people who have only been to Par Infinity tournys that in PDGA tournys they can't have a beer or burn one down, they usualy look at me like I'm crazy. I tell them I'm not crazy the PDGA is.

Just My Opinion

Keep Hucking
-Chris UDPGA# 0001

Most courses are at public parks which prohibit alcohol...not PDGA's fault
Marijuana is against the law...not PDGA's fault
These two, you can't count against the PDGA. They can't endorse illegal activities or breaking park policies.

As far as dress codes, how are we supposed to gain credibility and/or outside-of-the-sport sponsorship without somewhat regulating what we wear? It's not like you have to wear a suit or a wrestling leotard. Plus it's only the really big tourneys.
shit, chad. sorry.
How about actually reading the Competition Manual regarding dress and legal/illegal substances before commenting?
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/08CompetitionManual.pdf Section 3

Dress code is optional at A-tiers based on TD preference. Juniors and Ams do not need to wear collared or hi-tech shirts except for the semis and final round, even at Worlds.

3.4. Dress Code
A. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.
B. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.
C. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:
(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately
and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.
(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down,
mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm
from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.
Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.
(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary
rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others willbe allowed.
(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player’s shorts shall be tucked in.
(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut “vents”
at the shirt collar.
This is nothing... ;-)

I'm a Libertarian and would prefer several illegal substances be legalized. Even if that were to happen, I would hate to think I was unable to play something as fun as disc golf and not be able to do it well for a few hours because I was so hooked on a "crutch" of any type of substance, whether it be alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, Twizzlers,..
I'm a Partier , but I do respect the PDGA Rules for Tournaments and Tournament Directors . I try to dress Nice because there are Video's and Cameras out there on the course. There is a time and place for everything.

If you have ever been a TD before , you know how much stress running a Good tournament can be and making sure things run smooth without any altercations.
Personally I hate people smoking and having it drift my way while playing. I like the rule about not smoking. It you want to smoke have the courtesy to stand in an area where others don't have to breathe it. I agree that the PDGA needs some change, but no individual or organization it perfect.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968