www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like the PDGA. I think they have, do and will do a lot of good for our sport. I want to know why you don't like it. Please be specific.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think in the Rules somewhere , It talks about courtesy and smoking !!!
what do you get for the money? a player rating? wow I don't think I need to pay any money to know how good I am or not. My score at the end of every round does that for me. What else are they doing behind the scenes. It is too much money in my opinion if you are the average am there is just no way to recover your money. Lets think about it PDGA, Professional Disc Golf Association that's just it. It should be for professionals only. The professionals are getting paid let them carry the PDGA on their backs. How about ADGA for just ams with lower registration fees etc. Since we are not getting paid then when you have made the grade you can move up to pro if you can qualify.(like you would for the PGA). This might work for the ams as well having to qualify for a higher division with so many rounds with the rating of that division in order to move up. This might stop the baggers and whiners if not being able to play down or up. Why have player ratings at all if the players are not forced to live and die by them?
How bout some shirtless fatty in ragged cut-off jeans with a 24 oz. can of suds in one hand.. disc in the other.. on the way to his favorite bowl hole.
K.

Chad Curtis said:
Lotto said:
oh and as for a dress code, hahaha dude, i dont wanna play with some shirtless fatty in cutoff jean shorts. i think its fine for A-tiers.

"some shirtless fatty in cut-off jean shorts" --why do you always single me out?!?!?! Bareback Rules!!!!!
It would be Nice if the PDGA could send out additional merchandise !!!!
Can't the PDGA atleast send me a Glow PDGA mini ?
I like Don's comment about an ADGA. I do not think we should be shuffled in with Pros.
K.

don said:
what do you get for the money? a player rating? wow I don't think I need to pay any money to know how good I am or not. My score at the end of every round does that for me. What else are they doing behind the scenes. It is too much money in my opinion if you are the average am there is just no way to recover your money. Lets think about it PDGA, Professional Disc Golf Association that's just it. It should be for professionals only. The professionals are getting paid let them carry the PDGA on their backs. How about ADGA for just ams with lower registration fees etc. Since we are not getting paid then when you have made the grade you can move up to pro if you can qualify.(like you would for the PGA). This might work for the ams as well having to qualify for a higher division with so many rounds with the rating of that division in order to move up. This might stop the baggers and whiners if not being able to play down or up. Why have player ratings at all if the players are not forced to live and die by them?
Well ........................I would like some Real Transparency on my $ 175.00 I give to the PDGA Every year for my ACE Club membership !!!!!
The Amateurs voted to retain the PDGA name when given the chance to change it because they apparently like the idea of Professional in the name. The PDGA has become way more Amateur biased in its activities than pro as it is. The ratings are only really needed for the Ams since there are no ratings breaks for pro divisions. Pros pay for the extra things done for them with their $25 additional dues.
No doubt Chuck. Its the profesional disc golphers association right? If people wanna burn and get ripped out of thier gourds, let them do it...recreationally. Got alot of folks who do it at our local course and besides the giggling, the local loadies forgetting what theyre doing from one minute to the next, it doesnt bother most people.

Chuck Kennedy said:
This is nothing... ;-)

I'm a Libertarian and would prefer several illegal substances be legalized. Even if that were to happen, I would hate to think I was unable to play something as fun as disc golf and not be able to do it well for a few hours because I was so hooked on a "crutch" of any type of substance, whether it be alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, Twizzlers,..
Amen Mr.Kennedy its a sport ! But if smoken some pot will help me win some gold metals in 2012 then I dont understand why the PDGA cant see that this could help take discgolf to a new dimension man .Wow I thought PDGA stands for Pills,Drugs,Grass and Acid. Far out man If I cant Drink beer or smoke my pot dude then why would I even want to go man Its like the PDGA just wants to take away my freedoms to do Illegal things and stuff and a dress code thats like right next to making me take a shower before I come and thats just aints goina happen ! ....Just Joken I was trying to feel like what it was to need drugs and beer and stuff to have a good time wow I feel so dirty. The PDGA kicks ass its a lot of hard work with not many thanks I am sure glad we have the PDGA or this mite not even be a sport just some thing to do on the beach .Thanks you PDGA keep up the good work and forgive the Haters they know not ´what they do. God is waiting for then anyhow.

Chuck Kennedy said:
This is nothing... ;-)

I'm a Libertarian and would prefer several illegal substances be legalized. Even if that were to happen, I would hate to think I was unable to play something as fun as disc golf and not be able to do it well for a few hours because I was so hooked on a "crutch" of any type of substance, whether it be alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, Twizzlers,..

here we go again...
Mojo said:
Seriously, I feel there needs to be an alternative organization out there to capture those players interests', who for whatever reason, do not want to support the PDGA. Look at how NASCAR has screwed up stock car racing...what could it hurt to have another entity involved that furthers the game/sport...without all the entrapment's of rules, rules, rules. Many people just don't care about the PDGA's rules, and with good reason. Further, many players will never play a tournament which requires they be a card-carrying PDGA member. Lastly, with the PDGA's lack of any action (evident to the public) for the 'Red Hawk' incident, what reason would a potential member (new or renewing) have to support an organization that appears to be rather hollow - what good are rules when rules are not strictly enforced.

I didn't notice that NASCAR was screwed up. I thought being the second highest grossing sport in the country, behind only the mighty NFL, would be a show of success.

Let's play with no rules...DAMN there's my disc in the creek behind this giant tree, I think I'll just shoot from over there. Guys, check out this new aerobie flying ring I got to replace my driver.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968