www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Who gets mad, or aggravated, when you have good throw and someone your playing with says something along the lines of "nice toss" or "good throw" and then if your disc proceeds to hit a try you think that its because the other person complimented your throw? If you are then PLEASE explain your logic because I just don't get it....

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know of a guy here who gets mad if you talk to his disc, I do it just to piss him off as it doesn't make a difference.
loooove it!
Your idea of a good shot is not the same as mine. That simple.
I don't live in Philly, PA anymore, but talking to someone elses disc was considered very evil by some. They called it "Yorking" the shot...as in New York...as in that damn New Yorker couldn't keep his mouth shut. There is a lot of animosity between the two cities, and I think this was a way of getting out a little frustration on the big brother to the north. I learned to keep my mouth shut around the players that cared and joked about with everyone else. I still like to use the term ocassionally. I brings back great memories of Sedgley Woods DGC.
The worst thing about people FROM New York is that they're generally not IN New York.
Ok, so theres some good posts here which give me a little insight as to where people are coming from when they get aggravated with others who open their mouth before the disc hits the ground. In my defense however, when I say nice throw, or something of the sort, I'm more so acknowledging the form of the throw and release of the disc then I am how the disc ends up. And I think that might be the case of a lot of people.... Either way, I guess that I'm just lucky that I have a good group of friends that I go out with who really really enjoy the game and are really relaxed about everything.
Ok, so theres some good posts here which give me a little insight as to where people are coming from when they get aggravated with others who open their mouth before the disc hits the ground. In my defense however, when I say nice throw, or something of the sort, I'm more so acknowledging the form of the throw and release of the disc then I am how the disc ends up. And I think that might be the case of a lot of people.... Either way, I guess that I'm just lucky that I have a good group of friends that I go out with who really really enjoy the game and are really relaxed about everything.
Seen this guy yesterday , dropping sooooo many F-Bombs all over the place , Just had to laugh. Not Cool though in front of Kids !!!!
Yo what about when someone says u can bang this one for a putt right before u take your shot oops I am guilty of all infactions. But if u think it causes your disc to hit a tree or made your shot better is crazy.
Oh Oh...............Seen another Hammer Guy today. This one had no clue whatsoever.
I like to say 'Nice' during their walkup ;o))
I get amused when one of those "don't talk to my disc" people turns around and talks to MY disc in air. And if I hit a tree, they apologize to me for "nicing" it. As if had they kept their mouth shut, my disc would have magically swerved around the tree and keep going into the basket. I usually tell them it wasn't a good shot to begin with and they really need to work on their shot analysis skills before they apply for that ESPN gig.

Gotta say, one of my pet peeves on the course are the players who look to blame anyone but themselves for a poor shot. The folks who get upset about people "nicing" their shots are chief among them. "If you hadn't niced it/If it weren't for that tree/If it weren't for that butterfly taking flight in the Amazon jungle, the shot would have gone in." No, if you had thrown it straighter/longer/better, it would have gone in.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968