www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Me, my girlfriend and her family are going down to Mississippi in the Clarksdale area this coming weekend. I've looked through the directories and found several disc golf courses within a 60ish mile area, and will be hoping to play one or two over the weekend. Anyone have any suggestions.

So far I've only found 3 courses with reviews that make them tempting, but several "Warm up or waste time" courses.

Any suggestions?

George Payne Crossar State Park
Lost Indian Springs DGC
University of Mississippi
Latimer Lakes
Central Park Southhaven

Those are the ones that have decent enough reviews to be tempting. So far Lost Indian Springs and Central Park Southhaven have the best reviews and several "Must play if near" reviews.

Any suggestions, potential meet and greets with some locals from this board etc?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to head to Tupelo, MS which is in the same direction as Oxford is from Clarksdale. It has four courses and a fifth that's currently being built. Three of the four are definitely worth playing with the fourth being a well maintained course, but it is meant for beginners. The three that are worth playing are called Trace State Park, Veterans Park, and Tombigbee State Park. Trace just hosted a B-tier for pros and advanced which Matt Orum and Kris Orrick attended and is a great course. Veterans is everyone's favorite and has some sweet elevation changes and is a 27 hole course I believe. Tombigbee is a shorter course but is really fun and I would say worth playing. It is also the site of the fifth course which is being built, of which I think eight holes can be played at the moment and they can be like with the regular 18. You can visit this site for more information- www.tupelodiscgolf.com -There are plenty of people in the club that would be glad to show you around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968