www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At the round of winter, I occasionally use gloves.
Do you use gloves during play?
Are the gloves gloves of which the tip of a finger has gone out?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Bucci, Even though I live in central Florida...we still get some fairly cold weather. When it's cold most of us use hand warmers.

I will use a glove on my non throwing hand and a hand warmer for the throwing hand.
Hi!Jamie.Thank you for the comment.
Florida is a warm place.
It was heard that April was a good season from November to do the round in Florida.
Because the United States is a wide country, the condition is different because of the place.
Up to about Wednesday of this week, we had a 2 week run of cold weather. Below freezing at night (32F) in the 40's during the days....with the wind chill factored in we had some nights in the teens (F). Cold enough for thermal underwear, gloves and hand warmers. Hand warmers a must.

Normally our average temps run in the high 60's to low 70's (F) this time of year...we have been 30 to 40 degrees below average on many days.

In July and August we are a half mile from the sun. LOL!!!
There are a lot of people who do not use gloves because the sense of the tip of a finger is different. However, there are a lot of people who use the one to warm the tip of a finger.
Is there a cold day also in Florida?
I will use a glove on my off hand, but I never wear a glove on my throwing hand. If it's really cold, I pick up a mega warmer for my right hand. These things are three times the size of a normal hand warmer and are just about the only kind that I think get hot enough to do any good.
There are people who do not use gloves with throwing hand like you.
They are putting the warmed one in the pocket.
We had record cold in Florida this year....toe numbing cold.
In my first post Bucci...the Bold Print "Hand Warmers" is a link to show you what we use....maybe not that exact brand. They are Chemical hand warmers.
Here is another link that describes what they are...and what they contain.

Click Here
Here is another link explaining how to make them. I hope you can translate this.

Click Here
It gets pretty cold here, but I still don't throw with a gloved hand. You just can't feel the disc, which leads to bad throws. Add in snow and you could lose a lot of discs. So, I use a hand warmer, but both of mine are reusable. One that runs on charcoal and another that burns fuel. I stick it in my right pocket and keep my hand in there unless I'm holding a disc.
i dont usually wear gloves but i can picture those fingerless tip gloves bikers use as working ok

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968