www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I know a lot of people get into disc golf, but almost everyone I talk to has some sort of prior sport history from high school or up. I was wondering what everyone here played back in the day, or even still play. I'm a football/wrestler on the college level (D2), and a played a lil baseball in high school. Anyone else?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

basketball and martial arts
i threw disc in high school. thats a sport right
that would definitely help out a later sport of throwing discs...
swimmer
I played soccer, baseball, and hockey.
Soccer, Baseball. Tried wrestling, but it was to hard to get out from under my Dad's shadow. God every were I went! so I gave up on that early. But my passion was motorcycle racing (road racing) and h@ll yes! You have to be in great shape to throw and climb all over that bike for several laps.
motorcycle racing's sick. I would def try it, but I'm too prone to bustin my ass to really compete
baseball and currently vball at my school
swimming, track and field (400, 800, 4x4, 4x8, pole vault), and ultimate frisbee
gotta love hockey. While talking to a nutirionist who does work for the USA hockey team, he mentioned the personalities of different sports. He said the most dedicated and coachable athletes were hockey players and wrestlers(he didn't know I was a wrestler at the time). I think the sports people play show a lot about them. Respect to all sports tho
Ya, nothing has ever come close to that rush I use to feel. Thank God I only lost a bunch of leather and a few helmets. No busted bones, but once I got a real job. I had to give it up. Now after covering the track as a medic. I don't think I could do it again, or at least as fearless as you have to be to compete.
Football, Basketball and Track in High School...Played linebacker in every game of a 4-year NAIA college career...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968