www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I know a lot of people get into disc golf, but almost everyone I talk to has some sort of prior sport history from high school or up. I was wondering what everyone here played back in the day, or even still play. I'm a football/wrestler on the college level (D2), and a played a lil baseball in high school. Anyone else?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I really knew about disc golf earlier also. I was living in Iowa about 17 years ago and a youth group pastor of mine took us out to his land where we we played DG with some Ultimate Frisbee and garbage cans. It was always one memory I always had for some reason of living in Iowa. 13 years later living in Michigan, a good friend of mine reintroduced me to the sport, and I have been hooked ever since.

I would have never known when I was throwing a Frisbee at a garbage can I would be hooked on Disc Golf later on down the road.
I wish I knew about it earlier too, but I have to disagree about the height and wrestlers. It doesn't matter how tall you are, it matters bout how you use it. It's like boxing with the reach factor but not as dramatic of an impact.
Like to see someone like Kareem Abul-Jabar wrestle!?
It's definitely possible, especially if you would have gotten to the level where the threw in the legs. My wrestling partner in High School was 6'4 215, and he used to tie me up with the legs all the time. Now he's the Captain of Chadron State, which is one of the top DII schools for wrestling in the nation
Nothing really in HS or college - only organized sports I've played are Church League softball and bowling leagues.
First string Defensive End in highschool, weightlifting, and boxing.
go linemen
Tennis, track (800m and 1600m), cross country, basketball, indoor soccer, innertube waterpolo (best sport EVER), and ulimate.
My main sports in high school were soccer and golf. Also, just like Rescue, I wrestled for a year but never came close to meeting my dad's lofty expectations...plus I hated it. I've always been pretty quick to pick up new sports. I played once or twice in high school, but didn't get into it until nearly 10 years later--3 years ago--when my best buddy re-introduced me to it. I've been hooked ever since...
Honestly, I played everything...I loved sports growing up. Soccer, baseball, football, wrestling, tennis, track and field, ball golf, kick ball, lacrosse, snow machines, 4 wheelers, skiing, snowboarding, etc.
climbing and skateboarding
College Hoop and Tennis. Now do nothing but disc golf and sometimes ultimate. Lazy daddy.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968