www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I know a lot of people get into disc golf, but almost everyone I talk to has some sort of prior sport history from high school or up. I was wondering what everyone here played back in the day, or even still play. I'm a football/wrestler on the college level (D2), and a played a lil baseball in high school. Anyone else?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My main sports in high school were soccer and golf. Also, just like Rescue, I wrestled for a year but never came close to meeting my dad's lofty expectations...plus I hated it. I've always been pretty quick to pick up new sports. I played once or twice in high school, but didn't get into it until nearly 10 years later--3 years ago--when my best buddy re-introduced me to it. I've been hooked ever since...
I never got that far. My Dad was this big wrestling guru. So I was either the practice dummy "come on up here for a second" It was like that scene in the movie "Coach Woodcock" lol! or no matter what school I went to. There was alway one P.E. teacher hounding me to go out for the wrestling team. Just couldn't get away from it. So I knew I wouldn't have that problem racing around a track.
Remember the wrestlers wearing plastic suits to sweat off weight.
Honestly, I played everything...I loved sports growing up. Soccer, baseball, football, wrestling, tennis, track and field, ball golf, kick ball, lacrosse, snow machines, 4 wheelers, skiing, snowboarding, etc.
Or their crazy diets. Mind you this was before all this sports medicine stuff we see today. My Dad use to make these beer and banana shakes (for the legal age wrestlers or so I think. I was pretty young). The Beer to keep you loose and limber and the banana (potasium) to keep you from cramping up. Heck I even remember salt tablets! "Take your salt tablets, so you don't dehydrate!" lmao! Sports medicine has come a long way! lol!!
Oh, besides. That's not crazy. Crazy, is running into a building. When every one else is running out of it ;)
climbing and skateboarding
College Hoop and Tennis. Now do nothing but disc golf and sometimes ultimate. Lazy daddy.
baseball, football, track and ultimate frisbee
Remember salt tablets playing football.
Also now remember the "Original Gator-Ade!"
We ate orange slices during basketball halftimes, in the locker room.
i used to play ball golf
D II College Baseball

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968