www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I went to by a Latitude Stryker the other day. The store I go to has a scale on hand. So I find a nice 169g disc put it on the scale....173g??...next one was a 168g. NOT! try 175g. Same with Innova and Ditto for Discraft. Just about every disc was off by a few grams and some by several...WTF!!! Guys if you are to busy on the production line to get it right or even close. BUY a robot!! Hmm I wonder if this is how GM got into trouble?
OK, I'm backing away from the cliff :) sorry I just had to vent.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

digi secrets, lol
I weighed about twenty or so discs and every one (Innova and Discraft) was within one gram +-. I personally can live with a .5 average variation. I'm not doubting other people's results, just reporting my own.
I think it all comes down to how their QC is run. What is the acceptable weight variation? How many discs get checked? If one disc is off, did they then check the whole lot? How tightly are variables controlled in both manufacturing and testing? A whole lot of money goes in to quality control and from my experience, it's not easy. There is still a responsibility to produce exactly what you say you will, so I'm not trying to excuse them in the least

PS- A five gram variation is BS, they NEVER should let stuff like that leave the factory.
He said it's recalibrated every morning, but this isn't the first time I've run accross this. I buddy of mine also has a scale just for checking his discs... well sort of ;o) Only two out of twenty were correct.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968