www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been working on my drives for many years now, only incorporating the X-Step and Power-Grip recently back in 2009. I've read many instructional articles and watched many videos, and have played with some big-arm players picking up a few tips here and there.

My average drive is 285'-300' and pretty accurate. My longest is 340' and only happened once.

I'm 55 years old and 5' 8" tall. I am coming to the conclusion that this is maximum distance for me.

I am pretty happy with it and actually think it's pretty darn good, until I watch some young guns that toss it out there 400+, including my son who is 29 and 6' tall.

I was just curious what others are throwing for an "average" drive and whether you think 300' is a "respectable distance" for this old guy.

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which way is the wind blowing? Makes a difference.
I like the comment on youtube "he is a little umm unique" haha
Was it osmosis or did you change something in your throw?

If it's at my back, I throw something understable and enjoy the laser. If its blowing at me, I throw something overstable and watch my nose angle and take into account the stronger fade and adjust my line accordingly. We don't get huge winds here in California, so most of the time it is only minor adjustments.

Old guys rule no matter  the distance;>}

Right on Mr. Ed......it's still our world til they pry it out of our cold dead hands.

Played Huntington Beach on Monday and parked my first on course 400'+ drive on hole 16. The hole is kinda wide open and allowed for me to really turn the shot over for a long distance before it faeded back. Felt good to bust one during a round.
I avg 340-370. I tried so hard to break the 300 mark, it wasn't until I slowed down and relaxed till I broke that mark on a regular basis. Smooth is far!

;>}

Meh anybody that calls you out on throwing 380 is crazy. It's really only 450+ throws that separate the big arms from the rest of the pack.

I can totally picture a rain-man monolouge while he is shuffling around

"446 feet, yeah...definitely 446....I'm an excellent driver"

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968