www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys and gals I was wondering what would be the softest beadless aviar I can order brand new? I don't wants the crap R-pro plastic. I'm a big fan of the Omega SS but there new one's are cheap, I think they are using the R-pro plastic now.... So i pulled out and old aviar with the 96 worlds stamp on it. I would like to have a couple more soft aviars now, and looking for something I can easily replace.

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have using an R pro aviar for about 4 months now. The one I have is soft and grippy. There have been times where it has caught one chain on the right and pulled itself in whereas if it had been a dx it would have most likely bounced out. Maybe you shouldn't write off R pro so fast. For drivers, R pro doesn't last real long but if you just use it for putting 50' and in it should hold up. Laura, my wife, looked over my shoulder and saw I had typed "mine is soft and grippy" and she started laughing....I think she has a dirty mind :-)
Hahaha Dan, I play in alot more woods then you do, and tend to throw my putters too. My R-Pro style Omega had a huge gash in it from the first round. All I did was throw a 120 foot shot and hit cage. My older omegas don't have cuts like that and I've hit everything with them. So I think I'm done buying anything R-Pro other then the boss.
I found that the discmania maniac was really close to an aviar or an omega SS.  The plastic was more durable than the omega SS, but still had a rubbery feel to it.  In my hands, the aviar, SS, and maniac all feel like the same mold just different plastics.  And that discmania P line is pretty sweet plastic.  IMO the best of the three. 

I have these on ebay really grippy champion CFR glow plastic with a awesome jimmi Hendrix stamp

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160565054668...

I got an R-Pro Aviar X-out for Free yesterday at the local DG Proshop. What a funny feeling disc. I am sure they throw great, but I can't get past how floppy it is.....

I do believe the softest standard aviar besides possibly r-pro is Glow plastic. I use one as my off putter and my main is a DX aviar that happens to be super soft and grippy.

Innova seems to run different DX blends on their aviars from time to time as I've found them from super slick and stiff to gummy as hell.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968