www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering what kind of Bag Tag format have you played?

I'm assuming there is more than one way to organize it.

The one I'm in now seems kind of high maintenance, at least for the one organizing it. There are monthly tournaments, 1st place gets 50 pts, 2nd gets 49 pts, and so on, Between each monthly tournament, we challenge each other for the lower tag number. If you win a challenge, you call it in to the organizer, and you get 10 points. At the end of the tournaments, the top ten, in POINT standings, play a final 9 hole. Cash payouts for the top 5, other prizes for 6-10. Like I said, a lot of work for the organizer! He has to record all challenges and bag tag standings, then organize all the points after tournaments.

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our cub has divided the job, one person takes care of the standings and one person takes care of the tag challenges, divde the work load so no one person has to do it all. JMO
Wow that seems like a lot of work. My club is way informal, we meet on sat, everyone keeps score, lowest score gets lowest tag available. That's it nothing more nothing less. If two or more members meet for a casual round same rules apply. Tags are not in play during doubles.
We have a weekly league and club members that are grouped together have their tags on the line. Lowest score in that group gets the lowest tag in the group. You can also challenge one person outside of your group. That way you're not limited to just your group for low tags. Each person can only be personally challenged once per week. The group tags are resolved first and the lower score of the personal challenge gets the lowest tag of the two at the end of the night.

Then at the end of the year we have a match play event with the lower tags often receiving a bye and auto cash. (the winner of that event gets also gets a dapper sport coat that I buy from good will...in a mock version of the green jacket for winning augusta? I'm not sure what golf tourney that is actually. Think happy gilmore in the clubhouse with his green jacket, that's the idea. It's pretty funny regardless.
At Lakewood Disc Golf Course in White Center, Washington I have a bagtag going. It's 3 months. There are 59 people signed up so far. We bagtag everyday no matter what the weather and people hand in their scorecards. At the end of the bagtag top 30 will win prizes and the remainder will get something, so everybody wins! :)
For everyone who awards prizes for top bag tags, what was the cost of the tag? Where does the money for the prizes come from?
I found rules and cchanged them to sound like our club they guy they came from got them off the internet and reworded them to fit his club and had the idea why do more work when someone else already typed this wonderful bag tag rules out... Feel free to scavange ours for your needs
So Cal gives away bag tags as part of our annual membership packages. We do not run any special bag tag challenges, but we do offer special CTP prizes at So Cal events for bag tag holders. We also award prizes at the end of the year to the best and worst bag tags present at the annual awards banquet. We also give away prizes at random for bag tag holders in all divisions. We have all the Grandmasters present drop their tags into the hat and then draw a winner and so on for each division. This way the prizes don't just go to the top ten bag holders. Every player, Am and Pro, Man or Woman has a chance to win a prize. We generally award memberships for the following year, so we aren't really paying cash for any prizes.

Here is a link to the So Cal Bag Tag rules: http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/BagTags.htm Feel free to adapt them for your club.

So Cal uses custom cattle ID tags. We get our club logo printed on one side and get key chain rings instead of studs. They are inexpensive,very durable, and add something extra to those casual and tournament rounds. We order the large Herdsman from Temple Tag. http://www.templetag.com/ Tell em So Cal DGA sent you.
i think we will incorporate some of them rules as well...it can only make it better
Bag Tags are Fun !!!!
That seems super high maintenance. You should go to www.hdga.org and read how we do our Bag Tag. All the rules are there.
why not just collect all the bag tags before it begins, then reissue them after the tournament in order of finish and division?
or bannish tags altogether,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968