www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Terry;

Have you considered discgolfer.us bag tags. And ones with our original member numbers on them.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm cool with that too!
How cool would it to run into another discgolfersrus "3 Digiters Only" club member and challenge them for their bag tag! Or as I said before.. to spread the love of the site will work too.
Here's a link to the company I am ordering from, it's called Wholesale Medals, talk to J.J.

www.wholesalemedals.com

He does alot of disc golf bag tags already.

I have a question, how do find your original member number?
That is a question for Terry. I beleive my number is 804 but I don't see anywhere that the numbers are posted.
I'd like to see them posted with our pic on the members page and or on our my bag page.
Can you do that for us Terry?
mahalo,
It's a great idea IMO. Has anybody asked Terry about it yet?

"I'd like to see them posted with our pic on the members page and or on our my bag page"

I like castawaydaves' sentiment also! It would be cool to know...like our PDGA numbers.
I would buy one with my number!
cool as hell and a way to advertise the site to other players. I'm in.
I'm in for sure!
Folks, I just got pointed here. I like the idea and will talk it over with Sheila, of somehow making such tags available. As for member numbers, geez, it is so hard to find those out. I have on a back burner, simmering, to find a way that they show up in here.

If we were to do bag tags, a couple of questions for you:

(1) I have said from the beginning that we do not want to sell* things in here, and this would be a departure from that intent. The reason is that we want this network to facilitate the members in whatever level of commerce they want to engage in (that is not offensive or obnoxious), not compete with them. Thoughts?

(2) We have learned from shipping out some of the jumbo toss prizes that the time to log orders, package and ship (all the logistical stuff), plus the cost, is a pain in the butt. What do you think people would pay for the tags: individualized, sturdy, including s/h?

P.S. We just made an order of new DGRUS stickers and would like to hear from people who would be interested in recognizing us at their local tournaments as a sponsors, in return for sending them a bunch. (We should get them by January 10 or so.) They are not cheap, so we definitely want to hear from people who would *ensure* that their competitors got the message on us and that they didn't get dumped somewhere.
I'll second Swamptoy's response. I would gladly pay $10!
I'm sure they wouldn't cost more than 10 bucks for a really cool Bag Tag. I think it's more of a opportunity to donate and contribute to the site if the member was willing to do so. I think it'd be a great gift and also money to help the site out in tandem with your Gold,Blue,White,Red and Virtual Jumbo Toss supporters as well.

I think It'd be great to have DiscgolfersRus ambassadors. Maybe have the people who contribute to the promotion of this site at tourney events be given a special achievement icon like in other blog or chat boards. something like a star or Ivy leaves found in traditional awards or something. sort of like what a forum moderator would be given but different.
Hey Terry, we sell our club bag tags at 20.00 ea and have no trouble selling them, but that helps raise funds for the club.
Now in this case, rather than raising money and making a profit, it would cover the set-up fee, actual cost of tags, and the shipping.
The other thought would be to go through one of the vendors already advertising on the site, let them handle the whole transaction.
You could even offer up another contest for the design of said bag tags, you'd get plenty of takers, I'm sure.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968