www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i recently got my pdga #, 3 days later i played a sanctioned tourney, my first ever tourney so i played in the am 4 div. and won by 15 strokes or so and tied am 3s first place finisher. so heres my question was it wrong to start in the lowest division not knowing the competition or should i have just jumped in to am 3 or 2 not having a rateing? or was what i did ok?                         and now that i know what the rounds are rated i can go to am 2 now

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on the win. The fact that you are asking the question says to me that you're not a bagger. If you show up at the next tournament and sign up for the same division - then. In the mean time enjoy the feel.

I'll share with you that the best competition I've ever played (that is in terms of feel good) were events where I really had to compete right to the last. Win or lose I could feel good that I had given my best on that given day. Also, I've found that competing against guys that have skills just a little better or different than mine builds my game, because I get a free lesson every time. So my advice is sign up for the highest division where you can be considered competitive and take lessons until you can beat them. Once you do that you can enjoy your victory without any second thoughts or doubts. G'luck.
You should start were you feel comfortable. Get a feel for tournament play and move up when ur rating calls for it. I'm personally just getting started with PDGA Rating this year. Sitting at a 881 right now which would allow me to play Rec. but I decided to bump up one and play intermediate. I may even bump up to advanced soon.
enter in at the lowest and work your way up! that's the way it should be!
Just like everyone else... there is no dishonor in starting at the bottom and working your way up. if you continually do it, though, there is no honor... after a few rounds, i generally find I am not enjoying playing with people who are not up to my level.... where's the challenge in stomping a mudhole in a beginner? thankfully, most people are above my level, though... :)
just an update i played a tourny in am 2 and tyed for last cash so i am officially not a bagger yayyyy
A bagger is the guy who took 1st in REC. at Texas State Championships this year. He has been in PDGA events for 10 years now and has not progressed yet. Is he a bagger or is he that terrible?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968