www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what makes someone a bagger ? and why when you win everyone says bump ?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

age has nothing to do with it.
even when open players win, you hear "bagger' or "move up". Normally its in jest, but if you are winning and your rating says you are better then what you are playing, you should consider moving up. I beat most of our "local" advance players in the immediate area but cannot hold a candle to hte pro or open players here. I normally place in hte top 10 in PDGA events playing intermediate. So I a mright where I should be. But still get called Bagger all the time.
" dreambagging" hehe. I like that.
I have been called a Bagger beacuse I now play Pro Grandmasters. Some say I still should play Open Pro.
Im going to start playing am3.
I just say what others have mentioned already. You know how well you are and believe me.. the locals know it too. They've seen you play. For PDGA's.. I'm normally playing Intermediate since it's my first year going at it. For monthlies.. I think it's time for me to start playing advanced...even if I do place last. If you're finishing up in the top 5 normally.... move up. It'll only make you better playing with more skilled players. Some stick to what they're rated...I can understand that if it's their first year playing tourney's.

Our local club has a rule: .. You finish first in a monthly...they make you move up to the next division. No excuses.
Now that we have ratings. There is no such thing as a bagger. If your rating allows you to play a division you can't be a bagger. This called the "I'm not a bagger rule"
That is funny!!! Bahahahahaha!!!
I can't stand "true" baggers. Granted people will have good rounds but when they place 1st in their division by lets say ten strokes and also beat over half of the people in the division above them then they are obviously bagging and its one of my personal biggest pet peeves.
I really dont like "true" baggers. But as others have said people have hot rounds and cold rounds. But if a player in advanced is shooting 10 strokes better than everyone else and would cash in Open they should move up. I am replying to you mike because I think you have the best point of view on the matter and I agree more with you. I mean if you are shooting well in your division consistantly you should move up because it is only going to make you or anyone a better player by golfing with more experienced/skilled/serious golfers.
yeah nick, thats just alot of jealous little punks too.
I agree with Silverback. As a generalization Juniors have more time to practice and less worries with the world (families next meal, housing, etc..). There are instances in other activities that I have seen that Juniors are not allowed to play against the adults because they are simple better, mainly because of practice time. Look at gymnastics, when was the last time you saw a 30 year old female in the Olympics? Figure skating. etc... Scores should be able to prove/disprove "sandbagging". Player ratings are a good way of providing data over a period of time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968