www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am I the only one who rocks the course bagless these days?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lolz

Geoffrey said:
I just had a vasectomy, I didn't get the entire thing removed. On your own there buddy. lol
Up until January (yes, this last January) the only disc I had was a old, beat up EliteX Storm that I found a few years ago. Literally, the only disc I owned. If I needed a putter, I'd borrow one from the group I was with. Since then, I've made a more significant monetary investment in this sport, accumulating fifteen or so discs within the last month. To carry that many discs onto the course, I'm certain a plastic grocery bag would be more than functional. However, if you're going to invest in enough discs to warrant needing any kind of bag, why not invest in a bag made specifically for disc golf? I paid around twenty dollars for the one I own. It holds 10-12 discs, which is more than I need on the course at one time, and when I'm not out thowing, it allows me to store my discs all in one place. The point is, if all you need to have fun out there is enough discs to carry in your hand, then a bag isn't neccessary. If, on the other hand, you'd like more variety and a few different options out on the course, then a bag is essential. However you choose to carry your discs, have fun out there. That's really the whole point, anyway....
We have a local who goes bagless...Carries 5 to 6 discs too...no run up and putts with a driver. You'd think he's new to the game...until you see him throw 400 from a standstill....slam a 45 foot putt with a monster.
I enjoy taking one or two discs out for a round. Especially after a tourney I'll grab my Orc and my Magic if the grass is nice, go for a barefoot round.
If im trying to make a quick round ill take like 3 only
Yesterday I could have gotten away with out carrying my bag. I played 18 holes and only used 4 discs.
hey now,good one,lol.Peace
Geoffrey said:
I just had a vasectomy, I didn't get the entire thing removed. On your own there buddy. lol
I might go bagless if I want to just take a brand new disc out for 18. I'll carry that and a putter if I need to. Any other moment.. having those options of plastic is convenient for those crappy situations I put myself in from time to time. I started out playing with nothing but a champion beast for the first 6 months. I soon realized how awesome it was to have a putter and midrange disc. I've become a sucker for "backup" plastic in with my main go to's.
It was funny when my friend came back into town after moving out to Colorado. I told him I had a bag ready for him to use and filled with his types of discs, when we got to the course I handed him a Bells Oberon 6-pack box with six discs and a towel hooked on it. He looked at me and said a few choice words. He couldn't believe how wierd it felt not to have an actual bag after all the years he has always had one.
hahahaha.. I would of cussed you too. That's pretty hilarious though.
On a local short course I will occasionally go out with just a driver/mid/putter and no bag. If you are trying to learn a new disc and you only have those 3 to choose from it doesn't give you much choice but to throw it.
Theres a guy here who plays 2 discs,enters tournys,his phillosiphy is to learn a disc inside and out instead of throwing many and not knowing the disc well enough.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968