www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am I the only one who rocks the course bagless these days?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's always a good point. I track my scores after every round usually and that question will pop in my head from time to time.." mike ... just use your brand new leopard to learn it better " ... I don't want to throw under my average so I carry all my arsenal.
I couldnt imagine not having my dg bag with me ... I know one guy who played our course with a putter only and shot 3 down! But he's been chuckin' plastic since they first made a frisbee! lol ... The Doc just kicks ass!
When I first started playing there was a guy who was the opposite of bagless, he always held onto his bag, even while he threw shots.

It may be of no surprise that we called him Bag Mike or sometimes Mike the Bag.

Bag Mike was an idiosyncratic guy. He had a little cloth bag, like a small book bag with a string closure. He kept the string around his left wrist the whole round. Inside the bag he carried a water bottle and his one disc, a beat-to-heck, almost beat beyond recognition, Eclipse.

The Eclipse was old and warped and gouged up. Before he would drive, Bag Mike would put the disc down on a cement tee pad and jump up and down on the disc to flatten the warping a bit. He did this every hole like a ritual. When he would drive he had a wide arm swing with his left arm (the arm holding the bag) so the bag whipped wildly.

Ok, here is the odd part (as though everything leading up to this has been normal), Bag Mike was pretty darn good on his home course (Firefighters Park, Troy, Michigan). Firefighters is mostly short tunnel shots and no one was disappointed to draw Bag Mike as a partner in the doubles league.
I think going out with just one disc or maybe two is a good approach to training in regards to disc golf. One has a good opportunity to check out the personality of a disc (male, female etc.) I recently checked out a player package disc. Just took the one. A mid-range. Alot of fun using it throughout the 18 holes. I found it was a good putter as well.
Also...on local courses I take only discs I know I will use...possibly 10 or less.
Bagless?!! Yes of course...why not. You'll be amazed at how much load is off your mind and back or shoulder. And while your at it, rid youself of your smiley faced boxers too. Really get loose and unincumbered. (c;
K.
I play without a bag a lot! Playing with a handfull of discs can only improve your game. Less muscle memory to remember and it makes me feel more relaxed. Sometimes I even play a tournament bagless, it always draws attention and people ask why.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968