www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We live up north here and I'm thinking of approaching a couple of ball golf courses with the idea of installing a tonal course on their muni lands while the course is closed for the winter. There would still be a few ball golfers out there so just kind of wondering if anyone has had good success combining both types of golf on a ball course. Best to follow the ball golf flow? Best to go counter clockwise? Better to stay on the edges and throw up the sides? Anybody got any successful ideas or do ball and disc golf just not mix? Got any insights or opinions?  Thanks. 

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3808

We got our University to let us build a DG course at the ball golf course. We stay off the fairways and out of the ball golfers way. There is enough land out there to accomidate that. They also stock discs, bags, ect in the pro shop so it has become another revenue sourse for the golf course. It works very well.
These folks have the most practical experience at that: http://www.fly18.com/.
thanks for the heads up ......... some dated but good info there ...... looks like it may be able to be achieved.
Get a hold of. Donny. There is a ball golf course near San Diego that also has a disc course on it (can't remember the name). I figure, cut to the chase and talk to the course super.
We have one here in SC outside of Columbia, but I haven't played it yet:

http://www.lakemurraygolf.com/page77.html
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2434&mode=ci
Playing Disc Golf on a Ball Golf Course is really Fun !!!!

Nice rolling grass , excellent scenery , available Golf carts at some places. Clean Restrooms , Clubhouse for food and drinks.

Totally worth the Effort of getting one installed !!!!
Fly18 is probably the leader in doing this.

Reese is on this site
We have a 9 hole course on a local ball golf course. Russian jack springs is my home course and its a blast and tough.the shortest hole is just under 500 (par 3) with the longest at around 800 (par 4) .We have a tourney there called the Jack Attack where we add 9 more holes and it is a awesome course.The jack is a pay to play course and one of the most expensive courses i've heard of 11 dollars on week days and 13 on weekends ,most of us buy the season pass at a reduced rate which is way worth it .it's a better discgolf course than a ball golf course and we hope to add the additional 9 permantly and add 9 more in the 300 acres of woods surrounding it.The course here follows the course and the reaction from the ball golfers has been 90% positive.making the greens fee's a little high keeps the partiers out and allows the more serious and mature discgolfers a safe haven from the (frolfers).I play aleast one round a week with a pair of older ballgolfers and the pacing is in favor of me .I tend to finish our holes sooner than them.We are planning a mixed tourney next yr with a doubles format of a ball golfer and a discgolfer teamed up with the partners switching disciplines after the first 18.the city of Anchorage loves the discgolf community here .the membership at russian jack is leaning more towards discgolf.There are pics of russian jack on my profile and feel free to contact me and i will answer any question you may have.
I'm just finishing up a couple. Yes, it can be done.

My only advice would be to avoid going in with any pre-determined expectations. It would take a long, long, post to talk about all the reasons that any of the flow patterns you listed may work out best in any given case.

One really nice part of putting disc golf on a ball golf course is that they already understand 95% of what it takes to make a disc golf course. You say "tee'", they think "multiple tee markers, bench, trash can, tee sign, shoe cleaner, water jug..."

Of course, I must suggest you click on the yellow rectangle down there at the bottom left to get a designer involved. You're approaching professionals, they'll want to work with one.
Not anymore =( There was Mission Trails, the LOOOOOONGEST disc golf course EVER. Taken out because of complaints by the ballers. Then there was Emerald Isle, an executive course in Oceanside, about 30 miles north of Morley. Taken out earlier this year, apparently due to lack of use (correct me if I'm wrong).

On the 4th of July we took over the Front 9 of The Coronado Muni course for a tourney but the course was closed so we didn't need to concern ourselves with flow.

Then there's Sun Valley which I almost forgot. A nine hole pitch 'n' putt with nine entirely forgettable disc golf holes. Meh.

The usual method is to make greens, sandtraps and cartpaths OB. Teepads can go beside or in front of tees, and baskets fit well in trees beside or behind greens. Good luck!
We have an 18 hole basket course on a 9 hole ball golf course. Lava Creek in Paradise CA.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114180795282905&ref=mf

It is only $4 to play and we co-exist great. We have the place Every day except Thursdays after 1:00 pm....
i would love to have a discgolf course on a ball golf course but ahhhhhhhhhh, in my little sheltered community people dont even like to see trick or treaters during halloween, let alone a group of ragged hippies tossin a frisbee down their fairways. hopefully someday that will change, our club has intentions of pushing the issue forward, its just a series of finding the right connections and takin baby steps. i think we will get there eventually, it helps to have information handy from other communities that support discgolf.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968